By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit gets 6.5'd on Gamespot

Gametrailers destroyed IGN in an online game (I saw it on the review) and they gave it a 7.8

Very mixed reviews..

mM
Around the Network
leo-j said:
Gametrailers destroyed IGN in an online game (I saw it on the review) and they gave it a 7.8

Very mixed reviews..

I think you've stumbled upon something, Leo-j. Instead of metacritic tabulating scores, there should just be a competition between websites to see who is the most awesome at the game. The winner is the review that is "Objective" and "true". All others will be labeled as fanboy shit. I think that is way better that metacritic.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

hunter_alien said:
Oh noez... ZenfoldorVGI will go crazy on this :P JK :P Well not unexpected... it seems the game will avrege out in the 7.5 region... could have been worse tough ;)

I told you, I'm not a fan of the game(I swear I've never ever played it, and own PS360), just a fan of justice. You can't base your reviews on the console, you must base them on the game. if the game sucks, that's fine, but don't spend the review flaming the console.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

On the sidebar under "games you may like", it lists project hammer, sadness, and timesplitters 4. wtf gamespot try and update your site once in a while.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

Lots of Wii games get very mixed reviews primarily because the context of the reviewers is very different, and some reviewers make very odd choices in how they will play games that they're reviewing.

If you're reviewing the Conduit and comparing it directly to a Bioshock as a single player FPS, and against a Call of Duty/Halo 3/Killzone 2 as a multiplayer FPS, under the assumption that everyone has the choice between these games and it is entirely acceptable to buy 2 $60 games for the HD consoles to get the best possible experience then you really miss the point; and the Conduit will not end up with a decent review.

Even if you make the assumption that there is unprecidented multiplatform ownership in this generation, it is likely that less than 33% of Wii owners will ever have access to a HD console to buy these other games to play them; and even if they did it is unlikely that they would be all that interested in buying 2 games in order to have the best single and multiplayer experience. The question most people who are reading the reviews are wondering is whether The Conduit is a worthwhile purchase for the Wii when compared against what else is available for the Wii ...

Gamespot's review of The Conduit puts it below Call of Duty 3 and Medal of Honor Heroes 2, and in a similar "Class" as Dead Rising: Chop til You Drop, which is not a realistic picture of the quality of the game.

Around the Network

Looks like its getting mediocre reviews all around.

Now can we please stop hating on all the reviewers?

Carl2291 said:
Looks like its getting mediocre reviews all around.

Now can we please stop hating on all the reviewers?

Only one reviewer. The one who didn't play the game, admittedly, and who said the game sucked because the Wii sucked. That is the one who shouldn't be allowed to do reviews anymore. Anyway, sorry for being offtopic. I wasn't going to get this anyway, but I hope it still sells well. That vampired werewolf game I want to play.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

No its not just gamespot anymore, other sites are giving it 5.5,6.0,6.5, etc. Looking very bad.

Cant say im suprised...

That's a bit lower than most other scores on metacritic- but still falls in line with the overall criticism of the game. - fanboys are going to attack that review regardless of who posts it.