By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit gets 6.5'd on Gamespot

Carl2291 said:
Gamerace said:
This isn't surprising. I said beforehand you'd get two types of reviews. One that compares Conduit to other Wii FPS and would view it favourably and ones that just compare Conduit to other FPSs and it that regard there was never any question it would be found lacking. HVS just doesn't have the experience to compete with Valve, Epic and Infinity Ward.

Plus some reviewers just hate the Wii and would have bashed Halo 3 if it was a Wii exclusive

And so it begins...

And so you've ignored that some reveiwers actually have stated they hate the Wii. Note the comment you bolded included the word "some". You can't claim it's zero when some have outright said they think the Wii is crap.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

I can't wait to see the sales on this game lol, if it's more than 100k first week then I'd already be impressed, another funny thing is the user scores are generally in the higher 8s, personally I think this game is about an 8 to 8.4, for a Wii game, and 8.6-8.8 for a Wii FPS, and I hope they make a 2 that'd totally walk all over 1.

If it does over 100k first week its a sure success imo

mM

As for the review, it's lower than the gamepro, but as stated, far more honest.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

CaptainDJ said:
This game looks and sounds sweet. But if majority of the sites are giving it 7 and lower, than well, It's a rental. :o

I believe that, as of now, 6 sites (8, if you count some German reviewers) have given it a higher score than 7, and 4 have scored 7 and lower, not including gamepro.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz
Around the Network

I just hope after this being a pretty good game and two more possible good ones coming that Ninty least offers to buy them as is before one of the other companies get them, or they just simply stay the way they are.

LordTheNightKnight said:
Carl2291 said:
Gamerace said:
This isn't surprising. I said beforehand you'd get two types of reviews. One that compares Conduit to other Wii FPS and would view it favourably and ones that just compare Conduit to other FPSs and it that regard there was never any question it would be found lacking. HVS just doesn't have the experience to compete with Valve, Epic and Infinity Ward.

Plus some reviewers just hate the Wii and would have bashed Halo 3 if it was a Wii exclusive

And so it begins...

And so you've ignored that some reveiwers actually have stated they hate the Wii. Note the comment you bolded included the word "some". You can't claim it's zero when some have outright said they think the Wii is crap.

No... i haven't.

Im just getting pissed off with all the "Wii haters!" bullshit lately.

The issue here is over hyping the game. Doing this doesn't work unless the product is genuinely worthy of it. General concencus seems to be that The Conduit is a decent but unremarkable shooter.

PSN - hanafuda

Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Carl2291 said:
Gamerace said:

And so it begins...

No... i haven't.

"bullshit" means there is no basis for something. If reviewers have actually stated it, there is a basis. Making blanket statements would be BS, but the word "some" deliberately narrows it down, likely to those who have been explicit.

As for the other threads, they also based it on actual statements, which means they aren't bullshit either. Those using it in a broader sense, but the "Wii hate" part is no bullshit, since there is actual hate stated.

Carl2291 said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
Carl2291 said:
Gamerace said:

And so it begins...

No... i haven't.

Certainly because you don't like the Wii as well.