By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LAST WEEKS figures will be updated tonight

@Darth

GT3 Actually sold 15 million WW according to

http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

GT4 Sold about 9 million. So 24 million units of software in one generation is quite good not including the concept and prologue games of course.

Around the Network
Bonafide732 said:
why would 3 unproven franchises boost sales fishy joe??? you've been listening to too many people that get hyped up over those games... better yet why would warhawk an online only game boost sales ??? thats a limited number of people that would even buy that game...

That's exactly what I said a few months ago. But all the Sony fanboys said I was just a hater. I wish you would have said something then. 

FishyJoe said:
Bonafide732 said:
why would 3 unproven franchises boost sales fishy joe??? you've been listening to too many people that get hyped up over those games... better yet why would warhawk an online only game boost sales ??? thats a limited number of people that would even buy that game...

That's exactly what I said a few months ago. But all the Sony fanboys said I was just a hater. I wish you would have said something then. 

right on my brother right on

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Some people were saying Halo 3 would put the 360 back on top in the console race. Those people are obviously wrong. However it'll still be a good month for the 360.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Bonafide732 said:
i dont think the ps3 has any game to boost sales like this. but FF ,,MGS4.. GT5...tekken and GTAIV will probably give it a somewhat similar boost..

I agree with 3 of those games, I can't see Tekken being that huge though.  Virtual fighter was suppose to be huge and it wasn't.  However having FF definately doesn't hurt system sales.  Should be interesting when the game hits Japan.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network
DarkNight_DS said:
Bonafide732 said:
i dont think the ps3 has any game to boost sales like this. but FF ,,MGS4.. GT5...tekken and GTAIV will probably give it a somewhat similar boost..

I agree with 3 of those games, I can't see Tekken being that huge though. Virtual fighter was suppose to be huge and it wasn't. However having FF definately doesn't hurt system sales. Should be interesting when the game hits Japan.

Tekken is a much bigger hype game than Virtua Fighter nowadays. VF is sort of a.....has-been? 

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

I can name four games for sure that CAN be good PS3 sellers.

GT5
MGS4 (Sorry but this game is getting more and more hyped and it haves an online feature and it will especially depend if the online feature is great or not).

FFXIII (and I could say FFXIII versus too).

Killzone 2 (OKay the first game didn't sold very much but this game is damned so hyped and the last footage makes people warm for it).

And then their are a lot of titles that can be great sellers.

I can see Eye of Judgement becomes very popular (but I can see it also fail) and the same with Little Big Planet.

And probably more games that I forgot to mention.

GT5 will boost system sales for PS3. Although to be honest I think the biggest boost for it will come in Europe and not so much in nA.

MGS4.....yep for sure WorldWide, one of the biggest PS3 games for sure. Definite system seller.

FFXIII.....yep definitely, worldwide PS3 seller.

Killzone 2.....not so much. I think its being overhyped, and the actual "fanbase" isn't that big.

Still at least two "big" system sellers and a couple possible system sellers. The PS3 still has some big guns up its sleeves.

Vote for Ron Paul 2008

Only Anti-War and Anti-Taxes Republican

Freedom is a message everyone can embrace!