SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network

It'll be very interesting to see the US charts when Halo 3 is finally out. It'll probably be even more 360-dominant than Japan when Crisis Core or Pokemon was released. O_O

Of course the truly important thing here is how much the lasting effect on 360 sales will be. Will they fall back down, or stay at a notable higher level? The console's status as number 2 is secure as far as 2008 is concerned, but the PS3 has a chance of overtaking in 2009 if trends seriously change.

routsounmanman said:
lol and some ppl claimed that Halo 3 wouldn't boost sales...

Most people expected system sales improvements for the XBox 360 surrounding Halo 3's release BUT most argued that it wouldn't be nearly as large as XBox fans were expecting; many XBox fans expected 1 Million+ XBox 360s to be sold in the month of September (which is insane).

ioi said:

Hey everyone

Due to me being away last week for a much-needed holiday I will be updating all of last weeks numbers tonight. The big news for me is that last week (i.e week before Halo 3) 360 sales passed 100k and were higher than Wii. It will be very interesting when this weeks numbers come in tomorrow and we see how Halo 3 and 360 did this week. I'm pegging it at about 2.5m for Halo 3 and 200k+ for 360...

Looking forward to the discussion later!

ioi, did you have seen this thread

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=7694

We speak of official total for the ps3 (you know that) and the 360 (maybe you don't know) in France. I think it's an important news for your new update of french numbers.

In the same way, prosugno360 post new info for the italy in his thread:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=5729

I found this site back in November and I for one am glad you do it. You deserve a break so I hope the vacation was a lot of fun. I am a numbers cruncher but always foud it hard to get Video game numbers. This site has been the most accurate that I have found.

As for you guys being surprise that the week before had a bump. I wasn't, the fans that were holding out needed to buy the hardware before release of that huge game so threy get use to the controls, have it hooked up already before they buy the game, there could be many reasons. But the numbers will be just as high this week. Will it beat out Nintendo for september?  Wasn't it to far behind to make that kind of leap, it only had 2 weeks to make up a huge deficit.

Without games life would be boring!

Around the Network

I think I guessed 2.73 million Halo 3s last week. Let's see!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

^^ I think I had 2.8 so we both have good chancens of beein very close.

nice news

you must know that song... "waiting fo tonight"
Waiting for tonight Oh
When you would be here in my arms
Waiting for tonight , Oh
I've dreamed of this love for so long
Waiting for tonight )))))

3.6 million. I've said that too many times.

And actually, Xbox 360 probably did over 100k over the Wii for it's launch week (This week's numbers). Last week, no. So W29 isn't wrong in saying that, or at least most likely isn't wrong. I said it won't catch up but will win, though if it can keep it at 5 weeks, then I'd be wrong.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.