By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LAST WEEKS figures will be updated tonight

360 sales are off the chart.. hard to come across them.. the worst part is you can't order any new ones because they're getting new holiday sku's out. (wholesale that is)

Around the Network

lol and some ppl claimed that Halo 3 wouldn't boost sales...

You watch, there will be plenty of people that will say "ONLY 2.5 MILLION COPIES!?!?!" "ONLY 200000 360'S SOLD ON LAUNCH WEEK!?!?!?" HALO SUX

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

^ Alot of people claimed that.

I HOPE TOnight means UK TONIGHT

n not USA TONIGHT??

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network

It's definitely cool to see that the 360 beat the Wii the week before halo. It's possible that during launch week, it might've moved 200k. Remember, September is a 5 week month, so expect NPD numbers to be greater than 400k for both the Wii and the 360. This should be interesting, indeed.

And, welcome to the low post counters, Akin and blahism.

@Akin, I hope that sales for both Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata might've seen a small bump since so many people picked up a 360 this month.

@blahism, I saw the holiday SKUs up on Bestbuy before they pulled them down, packing in two games with the Elite and Premium at the same price, very nice. Hopefully they also do the Core SKU with a wireless controller, memory card, and the five arcade games. I think that could be a hot seller.

This holiday will be an interesting one.

routsounmanman said:
lol and some ppl claimed that Halo 3 wouldn't boost sales...

Actually I claimed it wouldn't push sales as much as everybody thought it would. I'm pretty sure it didn't.
Some people had hundreds of thousands of 360's sold because of Halo 3.. and also I gotta wonder how many of these are just rebuys from the oddly devoted followers of Halo 3.. picking up the Halo xbox..

Anybody else gonna watch Ebay for a 360 influx?

I wonder how the UK (and rest of Europe) Halo numbers went??????

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Only 200k for the 360 doesn't actually make Halo that good of a system seller.

Obviously the 2.5 mil sales is incredible, but otherwise.. looks like a Microflop and EPIC fail for Bill Gates.

mr-money said:

Only 200k for the 360 doesn't actually make Halo that good of a system seller.

Obviously the 2.5 mil sales is incredible, but otherwise.. looks like a Microflop and EPIC fail for Bill Gates.

WAT!?!?