By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamepro reviews The Conduit, 3.5/5 wich is 70%

LordTheNightKnight said:
radioioRobert said:

Having trouble formatting it, but Seam Malstron has comments up about the review...

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/

(Garnett Lee from 1Up) “all that customization only amounts to a cry for help trying to adapt the Wiimote to something it just doesn’t do all that well”

What the hell. Was he like this when Medal of Honor Heroes 2 came out?

What utter bullshit.

I could understand Lee having trouble aiming with the wiimote - while he's shaking in his boots wondering if this is a harbinger for the future of FPSs.   

lol.  Couldn't resist.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Really? Because it looks like a 3/5 to me, which is an average score, which would translate to a 70 on most other sites.

Quit acting like a fanboy.

3/5 = 60... or cant you do the maths?

Carl2291 said:
Khuutra said:
Really? Because it looks like a 3/5 to me, which is an average score, which would translate to a 70 on most other sites.

70 is considered an average score. Yes?

3/5 is an average score.

Therefore, 3/5 and 70% are equivalent, even if they do not translate mathematically.

Then why do Gamepro give it a 3.5?

Seriously... 3/5 is 60% or when a game starts to get 4/5 is it classed as 90%?

Khuutra said:
Carl2291 said:
Khuutra said:

3/5 is an average score.

Therefore, 3/5 and 70% are equivalent, even if they do not translate mathematically.

Damn man, you don't know shit about math :S I know what you are trying to say but no... maths are perfect...you can't just twist numbers b/c u want to.

3/5 = 60%

3.5/5= 70 %

No matter what

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Carl2291 said:
Khuutra said:

3/5 is an average score.

I understant X-Play doesn't like the mentality of 70 being average, but they've been shown to hate the Wii rectently, and have been very blatant about it in reviews.

Did they even take the control into account, or did the gloss over it so they could pretend it's not a merit to the game?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Carl2291 said:
Then why do Gamepro give it a 3.5?

Seriously... 3/5 is 60% or when a game starts to get 4/5 is it classed as 90%?

A 3.5 could be considered better than average - apparently they find Conduit to be better than average.

4/5 is better than average by a good amount. I don't know if it would be comparable to 9/10.

You're better off not trying to transfer or translate, is what I'm saying.

@ Khuutra
The main word in your post... "could"

It seems to me that you WANT the score to be better than average.

Everybody else, seems to think that 3/5 is a 60 and 3.5/5 is a 70.

X-Play gave it a 60?

I'm surprised it was that high.............

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Carl2291 said:
@ Khuutra
The main word in your post... "could"

It seems to me that you WANT the score to be better than average.

Everybody else, seems to think that 3/5 is a 60 and 3.5/5 is a 70.

It has nothing to do with what I want. The 5-star system is as old as consumer reviews altogether. A 3/5 is average. It is the dead center average. If a 70 is average for a 100-point system in game reviews, then a 70 and a 3/5 are equivalent.