By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamepro reviews The Conduit, 3.5/5 wich is 70%

radioioRobert said:
Just got an email from Sean Malstrom that his thoughts on review meltdown will be up on his wordpress blog shortly. 'It will be an interesting read I'm sure....

Define shortly, I wanna sleep, but this is worth staying up for. D:

EDIT: Already up, cool.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89
Around the Network

This game is not a 70. I don't mind that they scored it as such, but it is not a 70. I think IGN got it right, and the douchebag at gamepro can suck it.

The Conduit most reminds me of the fun I first had in Half Life 1.

If you like games like Quake 2, 3, Half Life, or Unreal Tournament, this should be right up your alley.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

G4 gave it 60 Shanobi, what are you going to do about that?

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:

G4 gave it 60 Shanobi, what are you going to do about that?

No, they didn't. Stop saying things like that. Gamepro didn't give it a 70 and G4 didn't give it a 60. The scores don't translate that way.

http://g4tv.com/games/wii/51331/The-Conduit/review/

I dk, that looks like a 60 to me.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network

Really? Because it looks like a 3/5 to me, which is an average score, which would translate to a 70 on most other sites.

RolStoppable said:
Darc Requiem said:
RolStoppable said:

I wouldn't say that that was sarcasm. WOW likes to take the side of a debate that is hard to defend and justify. It's a game for him and he is grasping for every straw to maintain his position even if he doesn't believe in that view point (which he usually doesn't). Arguing for the sake of arguing, until he finally "sees the light" and apologizises. He got warned for that behavior once.

I know he likes to pay Devil's Advocate but there is nothing to defend in this case. TKK's review is one of the worst I've seen from a "professional" gaming publication.

That's exactly what he is looking for. The best example of him pulling this off was probably that comment from one of the Bioware bosses, Zuschak I think, who said something along the lines of "a game without any story isn't actually a game". WOW's "victims", Viper1 and Desroko if I remember correctly, entered a long debate with him. The three together racked up more than 50 posts which at the end was absolutely pointless because WOW suddenly realized that he was wrong all along.

As I said before, for once I'd like to see WOW doing this to people who aren't Nintendo fans.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I think the next time I'm arguing with WoW I'll make my argument progressively less logical just to see how he counters and see how far we can go.

Gamerace said:
RolStoppable said:
Darc Requiem said:
RolStoppable said:

I wouldn't say that that was sarcasm. WOW likes to take the side of a debate that is hard to defend and justify. It's a game for him and he is grasping for every straw to maintain his position even if he doesn't believe in that view point (which he usually doesn't). Arguing for the sake of arguing, until he finally "sees the light" and apologizises. He got warned for that behavior once.

I know he likes to pay Devil's Advocate but there is nothing to defend in this case. TKK's review is one of the worst I've seen from a "professional" gaming publication.

That's exactly what he is looking for. The best example of him pulling this off was probably that comment from one of the Bioware bosses, Zuschak I think, who said something along the lines of "a game without any story isn't actually a game". WOW's "victims", Viper1 and Desroko if I remember correctly, entered a long debate with him. The three together racked up more than 50 posts which at the end was absolutely pointless because WOW suddenly realized that he was wrong all along.

As I said before, for once I'd like to see WOW doing this to people who aren't Nintendo fans.

Thanks for the heads-up.

I think the next time I'm arguing with WoW I'll make my argument progressively less logical just to see how he counters and see how far we can go.

thats scary b/c while fun to watch it wil only lead to

Having trouble formatting it, but Seam Malstron has comments up about the review...

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
radioioRobert said:

Having trouble formatting it, but Seam Malstron has comments up about the review...

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/

(Garnett Lee from 1Up) “all that customization only amounts to a cry for help trying to adapt the Wiimote to something it just doesn’t do all that well”

What the hell. Was he like this when Medal of Honor Heroes 2 came out?

What utter bullshit.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs