By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamepro reviews The Conduit, 3.5/5 wich is 70%

theRepublic said:
radioioRobert said:

From the Gamepro reviewer's twitter: https://twitter.com/taelurkim

Quote:
My mistake was forgetting the passing of the Internet Opinion Act which outlawed opinions on the Internet. I wish I'd voted no now. Haha, thanks? I'd try and respond to all the criticism but I'd have better luck draining the ocean with a teaspoon.

This guy has NO CLUE why people are upset.  Opinions are fine, but they need to be defensible.  I could be of the opinion that the earth is flat, but that is in no way defensible.

His assertion that the graphical gap between The Conduit and Goldeneye is less than the gap between Halo 3 and Halo or Killzone 2 and Killzone is not defensible.

His constant insults of the Wii for an exclusive Wii game are in no way defensible.  In the same vein, his praise of the hardware of the 360, PS3, and to a lesser extent PC are out of place in a review for an exclusive Wii game.

At the start of one paragraph, he claims the controls are "terrible" and then in the last sentence of the same paragraph says, "I played with the default and was absolutely happy with it."  It goes without saying that contradictions are not defensible.

He complains about the mapping of two functions to motion controls, without mentioning that you can completely customize all control options.  He could have mapped those functions to buttons.  Leaving that out of the review, or more likely not spending enough time with the game to find the option menu, is not defensible.

Not playing multiplayer of a game made primarily for the multiplayer, is not defensible.

This was easily the worst review I have ever read.

I will quote all of this to say "I concur". Worst since the Castlevania Judgment reviews. His Twitter defense was almost as poor as his review. GamePro is forever illegitimate to me.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

for being a mostly biased review, its a good score

SaviorX said:
theRepublic said:
radioioRobert said:

From the Gamepro reviewer's twitter: https://twitter.com/taelurkim

Quote:
My mistake was forgetting the passing of the Internet Opinion Act which outlawed opinions on the Internet. I wish I'd voted no now. Haha, thanks? I'd try and respond to all the criticism but I'd have better luck draining the ocean with a teaspoon.

This guy has NO CLUE why people are upset.  Opinions are fine, but they need to be defensible.  I could be of the opinion that the earth is flat, but that is in no way defensible.

His assertion that the graphical gap between The Conduit and Goldeneye is less than the gap between Halo 3 and Halo or Killzone 2 and Killzone is not defensible.

His constant insults of the Wii for an exclusive Wii game are in no way defensible.  In the same vein, his praise of the hardware of the 360, PS3, and to a lesser extent PC are out of place in a review for an exclusive Wii game.

At the start of one paragraph, he claims the controls are "terrible" and then in the last sentence of the same paragraph says, "I played with the default and was absolutely happy with it."  It goes without saying that contradictions are not defensible.

He complains about the mapping of two functions to motion controls, without mentioning that you can completely customize all control options.  He could have mapped those functions to buttons.  Leaving that out of the review, or more likely not spending enough time with the game to find the option menu, is not defensible.

Not playing multiplayer of a game made primarily for the multiplayer, is not defensible.

This was easily the worst review I have ever read.

I will quote all of this to say "I concur". Worst since the Castlevania Judgment reviews. His Twitter defense was almost as poor as his review. GamePro is forever illegitimate to me.

I agree with this statement, that review would not make it to the front page of VGC, unless you can back up your claims and score it doesn't make it.  The written review was pure rubbish, when someone can't even bother to play online, and makes asinine statements that should not make it to publication on a professional site.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

radioioRobert said:

More twitters from Gamepro "journalists" on the fallout....

@markodjordjevic No, no interest. That also means I won't say that @taelurkim is right or wrong. Just that fanboys are moronic tools.

• @GarnettLee Right. If it won't listen to me, who gives a fuck about swapping my A button action with the Z trigger?
  • @GarnettLee ... "you can change the input". The output was what he knocked. Just a bunch of crybabies not seeing the star count they wanna
  • @GarnettLee they don't -- because it's not in line with what IGN said. Tae's dislike of the controls caught flack with arguments like...
  • @taelurkim does that make GP an underground rebellion against said editorial outlaw? Fighting the oppression of words with words, maaaan!!   
  • @GarnettLee readers don't understand what a review is; editorial outlet allegiance (HUH?);contradictory arguments against justified thoughts
  • @taelurkim backing up their claims with "for a Wii game" while condemning you for saying "for a Wii game" melts my mind. Wtfffffff
  • @taelurkim lol. I started making notes because I don't get what these people mean. Do they not understand what a review is?
  • these two are currently the biggest jackasses i can think of.

Here's the best slam on the GamePro review so far: and IT'S IN ANOTHER REVIEW!

This actually in the GamesRadar review's text:

Stuff that sucks about reviewing games #475: You jot down a poignantly hilarious aside, heroically skewering a game for a specific fault… then you check the menu and realize that it’s optional/adjustable and you look like an asshole for not being thorough. The book hasn’t been written on how Wii FPSs should work, so The Conduit leaves you free tailor the interface to your specific liking.

In reference to this ridiculously lazy, rushed & biased line from the GamePro review:

What I couldn't stand, however, was the use of motion controls; for whatever reason, High Voltage mapped two critical functions -- grenade throwing and melee-to motion controls but even my grandmother knows that that was a dumb move.

LMAO! I've NEVER seen a review bash another review as part of the review. Not a huge GamesRadar fan, but they get points from me for this!!!

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
    COD MW Reflex 541192229709
    Around the Network

*Edit*

Argh, messed up! Ignore.

I've seriously read better and more informing fan reviews on Gamefaqs. I like that he thinks people are mad about the score. I don't see anybody trashing the score, I see them ripping apart his words, which are again, probably the poorest written review that I can ever remember reading.

http://www.shanepeters.com/

http://shanepeters.deviantart.com/

Achievement is its own reward, pride only obscures.

HATING OPHELIA- Coming soon from Markosia Comics!

Valkyria00 said:
    Carl2291 said:
    Wait... isnt The Conduit meant to be the Wiis best looking game?

......are you serious?

Yes, just like MGS4, LBP, KZ2, GTAIV, R2 were meant to save the PS3 and GT5, FFXIII, GOWIII are meant to save it even more.

OT

This isn't really a surprise, they didn't even try to hide it (or are very stupid..). Unfortunately, this will bring the game's score down.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

I stopped reading Gamepro back in the N64 days. Then EGM....then Play. Just poor journalism. Never cared too much with scores just the way the reviews were written.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

Wow, those tweets are comedy gold. I think I'm finally beginning to understand the appeal of that service if it makes everybody sound as idiotic as those two clowns.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
    *Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.