By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamepro reviews The Conduit, 3.5/5 wich is 70%

More twitters from Gamepro "journalists" on the fallout....

@markodjordjevic No, no interest. That also means I won't say that @taelurkim is right or wrong. Just that fanboys are moronic tools.

• @GarnettLee Right. If it won't listen to me, who gives a fuck about swapping my A button action with the Z trigger?
  • @GarnettLee ... "you can change the input". The output was what he knocked. Just a bunch of crybabies not seeing the star count they wanna
  • @GarnettLee they don't -- because it's not in line with what IGN said. Tae's dislike of the controls caught flack with arguments like...
  • @taelurkim does that make GP an underground rebellion against said editorial outlaw? Fighting the oppression of words with words, maaaan!!   
  • @GarnettLee readers don't understand what a review is; editorial outlet allegiance (HUH?);contradictory arguments against justified thoughts
  • @taelurkim backing up their claims with "for a Wii game" while condemning you for saying "for a Wii game" melts my mind. Wtfffffff
  • @taelurkim lol. I started making notes because I don't get what these people mean. Do they not understand what a review is?

• BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
    COD MW Reflex 541192229709
    Around the Network
    thekitchensink said:
    For comparison, they gave Dynasty Warriors 6 a 4/5 in the same issue.

You mean Dynasty Warriors 6 empires! And I would gladly play DW6 Empires over The Conduit =p. It probably is not the same reviewer though.

From the sound of the Tweets.
    Sounds like he hates Wii Controls in general, which is why he marked it as faulty controls...

I own all of lastgen systems as of October 2008. (Finally got a Dreamcast)

I own every currentgen system except PS3.

radioioRobert said:

From the Gamepro reviewer's twitter: https://twitter.com/taelurkim

Quote:
    My mistake was forgetting the passing of the Internet Opinion Act which outlawed opinions on the Internet. I wish I'd voted no now. Haha, thanks? I'd try and respond to all the criticism but I'd have better luck draining the ocean with a teaspoon.

and his Gamepro colleague's response: https://twitter.com/MitchyD

Quote:
    they don't (like the review) -- because it's not in line with what IGN said. Tae's dislike of the controls caught flack with arguments like..."you can change the input". The output was what he knocked. Just a bunch of crybabies not seeing the star count they wanna

The intellect of gaming fanboys "journalists" is astonishing....

hehe, now that's professionalism!

It's one thing to have an opinion.  It's another to blatantly say that you didn't play the most important half of the game, that the Wii can't make a 'next-gen' game (whatever that is), and that it's graphics are barely a step up from Goldeneye's.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
    "Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

lmao. Wow.

Around the Network

How do you review a game without playing all aspect of it, especially knowing how important the multiplayer aspect of FPS is, just doesn't make sense.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

I don't think they get the concept that bad articles are just that, bad, sure they can give it a 7, that's fine, but the review read like a high school intern work, which is pure ass.

psrock said:
    How do you review a game without playing all aspect of it, especially knowing how important the multiplayer aspect of FPS is, just doesn't make sense.

1-Up actually pulled and then redid a review (can't remember the game) because the reviewer didn't cover either the multiplyer or the online.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Gamepro is still around?
    It has always been the worst game review mag ever.

radioioRobert said:

From the Gamepro reviewer's twitter: https://twitter.com/taelurkim

Quote:
    My mistake was forgetting the passing of the Internet Opinion Act which outlawed opinions on the Internet. I wish I'd voted no now. Haha, thanks? I'd try and respond to all the criticism but I'd have better luck draining the ocean with a teaspoon.

This guy has NO CLUE why people are upset.  Opinions are fine, but they need to be defensible.  I could be of the opinion that the earth is flat, but that is in no way defensible.

His assertion that the graphical gap between The Conduit and Goldeneye is less than the gap between Halo 3 and Halo or Killzone 2 and Killzone is not defensible.

His constant insults of the Wii for an exclusive Wii game are in no way defensible.  In the same vein, his praise of the hardware of the 360, PS3, and to a lesser extent PC are out of place in a review for an exclusive Wii game.

At the start of one paragraph, he claims the controls are "terrible" and then in the last sentence of the same paragraph says, "I played with the default and was absolutely happy with it."  It goes without saying that contradictions are not defensible.

He complains about the mapping of two functions to motion controls, without mentioning that you can completely customize all control options.  He could have mapped those functions to buttons.  Leaving that out of the review, or more likely not spending enough time with the game to find the option menu, is not defensible.

Not playing multiplayer of a game made primarily for the multiplayer, is not defensible.

This was easily the worst review I have ever read.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
    Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
    Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
    Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
    3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
    3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
    Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
    Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
    PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)