By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamepro reviews The Conduit, 3.5/5 wich is 70%

3.5 is not a bad score - it is very much above average. The score is not bad. It's perfectly acceptable. You guys realize 4/5 would be a very good score, yeah?

That said, I haven't read the review, but the excerpts I've seen are really... well, they're something.

Around the Network

you know, I don't know if he's a fanboy, but he's a straight hater, and probably a racist in real life =P I'm a PC gamer, and I think the mouse is the best option, but he's reviewing a fucking CONSOLE game. he's lucky that I'm not his editor in chief, I'd have fucked him up with the worst chewing of his life because he didn't even play the full game before writing a review.

venepe said:
oh well, I was hoping that The Conduit would make HD gamers respect the Wii, and think of it as a legitimate console, despite not having the HD visuals. But now I know that will never happen, no matter how good a Wii game is, it will be looked down upon by a HD gamer.

Yep, and this isnt' the only review that gives the vibe that 5% or more on the ratings was docked off solely because The Conduit is a Wii game.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Nintendogamer said:
Chrizum said:
monlosez said:
Gamesradar giving it an 8.0

http://www.gamesradar.com/wii/the-conduit/review/the-conduit/a-20090623124854618043/g-2008041813828831009

That's actually a very decent review.

Better than Gamepro anyhoo :D

I think he actually read the Gamepro review

"Stuff that sucks about reviewing games #475: You jot down a poignantly hilarious aside, heroically skewering a game for a specific fault… then you check the menu and realize that it’s optional/adjustable and you look like an asshole for not being thorough. The book hasn’t been written on how Wii FPSs should work, so The Conduit leaves you free tailor the interface to your specific liking."

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Worst review I've ever read. Seriously.

Wii code: 1534 8127 5081 0969

Brawl code: 1762-4131-9390

Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network

preordered the game (euro is 10th july), 10 mins later open the site and see 3.5/5.... ok on 5 scores can be harsh... open thread... ok wii hater reviewed it...all good.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Chrizum said:
monlosez said:

http://www.gamesradar.com/wii/the-conduit/review/the-conduit/a-20090623124854618043/g-2008041813828831009

I love that review, specially the adjustable score LOL. It's a 10 for me  :p

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

thekitchensink said:
Nintendogamer said:
Chrizum said:
monlosez said:

Better than Gamepro anyhoo :D

I think he actually read the Gamepro review

"Stuff that sucks about reviewing games #475: You jot down a poignantly hilarious aside, heroically skewering a game for a specific fault… then you check the menu and realize that it’s optional/adjustable and you look like an asshole for not being thorough. The book hasn’t been written on how Wii FPSs should work, so The Conduit leaves you free tailor the interface to your specific liking."

I saw that too! I got a serious case of the lol's from that.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

Khuutra said:
3.5 is not a bad score - it is very much above average. The score is not bad. It's perfectly acceptable. You guys realize 4/5 would be a very good score, yeah?

That said, I haven't read the review, but the excerpts I've seen are really... well, they're something.

It's not the score that bothers me.  The text is just infuriating.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

From the Gamepro reviewer's twitter: https://twitter.com/taelurkim

Quote:
My mistake was forgetting the passing of the Internet Opinion Act which outlawed opinions on the Internet. I wish I'd voted no now. Haha, thanks? I'd try and respond to all the criticism but I'd have better luck draining the ocean with a teaspoon.

and his Gamepro colleague's response: https://twitter.com/MitchyD

Quote:
they don't (like the review) -- because it's not in line with what IGN said. Tae's dislike of the controls caught flack with arguments like..."you can change the input". The output was what he knocked. Just a bunch of crybabies not seeing the star count they wanna

The intellect of gaming fanboys "journalists" is astonishing....

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709