By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Capcom on PS3 Monster Hunter: "Never Say Never"

If they make a Monster Hunter for PS3 and Square puts KH3 on PS3 too, then the PS3 will sell over 12 million units in Japan this gen.

Around the Network

sorry riku, he already won the thread it makes sense honestly.

Soriku said:
I don't see how it's far from the case.

High quality game - Check
Heavy advertising - Check

Sure they'll probably make a MHF3, but is MH3 a throw away title? Complete bullshit.

what does any of that have to do with PS3 getting a MH....Hell who are you responding too?

lol, chill no one said it was a throw away title, just that well... what wenlan said is quite true, Wii games are easy to port to PSP, thus... why he has a trophy and we dont. :D

maybe they can get a spinoff. But anyways, this is about as likely as sfiv wii. So its not gonna happen. This community directer has no idea about what titles are going to be made in the future, it is obvious this was a placation tactic for forum users.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Around the Network

i highly doubt it will ever happen, not for a good while anyways.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

blah no thank you

Unless they upgrade the graphics ;)

TheSource said:

I'm not sure that the PS3 base in Japan is bigger than the Monster Hunter fanbase in Japan. Gotta have at least 6 or 7 million PS3s in Japan for this to be likely. I don't know that PS3 is going to get there by 2011. DS2/PSP2 should be on the horizon in 2011-2012 so thats where I would look for DQXI, FFXV, and MH4

2011?

ugh after FF13, Versus, GT5, God of war 3, the last guardian and tons of games 6 million will be manageable.

thats 3 years from here.

Xxain said:
wenlan said:
let's face it, Capcom developes MH3 for Wii only for 1 reason: less effort to port it to PSP

motion sensing experience? what a joke!
then why would Capcom and Nintendo bundle MH3 with a Wii "classic" controller pro?
oh yeah, MHG for Wii was also bundled with a special edition Wii "classic" controller

thats kinda the point im making Capcom didnt put MH on Wii because of the kindness of there heart...they did it for the " high profitability chance", thats the ONLY reason why Wii has MH3...when PS3 userbase grows there will no reason for MH not yo be there

...points?

im still getting it. i dont care if it was put on the wii to make more money. it looks awsome.

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

lulz, you sir win this thread.

yeah~ my 4th platinum trophy! thank you thank you thank you   i need to update my gametag now.

final thought for this thread:

If Capcom can make Lost Planet 2 for PS3/X360, then Capcom is definitely skillful enough to make Monster Hunter for HD consoles. Why won't they do that? Because HD consoles is not as popular in Japan yet and the western gamers just DON'T CARE about Monster Hunter games. That's why Capcom is putting so much resources TRYING to push the Monster Hunter games in the western market. Of course Capcom needs to heavily advertise MH3 Wii in Japan, Capcom can't afford to let MH3 Wii bomb in Japan. Can you imagine if MH3 Wii failed in Japan, what would happen to the western release for this game. Oh yes, don't forget that Capcom and Niinteno will charge you to play co-op for MH3.

This is the evidence that western gamers don't care about MH games: E3, 2009

not even your cat companion can help.....

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX