By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - M rated games and religion

If you have doubts, it's probably best to avoid the games you have doubts about. No offense intended, but I don't see how Halo is "ok", yet WW2 shooters are wrong for commercializing violence(as you say anyways). I've always saw them as a way to understand the pure hell that some people went through long ago. Of course commercializing just about anything can be bad if you choose to see things that way. If I had kids, I'd much rather they play a good WW2 shooter(and maybe gain something from that) than a game like Halo or any other fps.

RE4 kicks ass btw. I'm not saying you should play it; I'm just saying it's too good to not play. :) And everyone knows the graphics as a whole are great, despite what some people may say.

But anyways...If you feel bad about something, don't do it until you feel it's ok with you and your beliefs. Don't be so concerned about what the church has to say about games; seek for answers through God and the Bible instead.

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

Around the Network
Soriku said:
leo-j said:
Why do you want RE4? It sucks, and Im catholic, the graphics make it dull and boring.

The RE4 GC version graphics look good. But I forgot. Graphics>all to you.

For a shooter controls and graphics matter the most.

mM
Rubang B said:
Slightly off-topic, but related to the mini-convo about masturbation:

I just want to say that the ancient Biblical law as brought over to the US by the Puritans was that ANY orgasm a male has (females don't have 'em right?) that doesn't make a baby is a sin. This means no condoms, no masturbation, no BJs, HJs, RJs, ZJs, nothing. The logic was that G-d gave us sex to make babies. If we use sex for pleasure, we are using it incorrectly, and thus insulting G-d's will. If you had an orgasm in your sleep, and there were 2 or more witnesses, they could sentence you to death for "having sex with the devil."

This may have been a puritan belief, but it is a wrong one.  God intended sex for married couples, anything outside of that is fornication.  But sex for married couples is given for that man and woman who are married to enjoy.

Heb 13:4 Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

Fuzzmosis said:
Then Leo wanted to be cool and play the games big boys play.

Anyway, if it helps ease your conscious, puritans were completely insane. Though when it comes to religion, you'll find there is disagreement between every denomination etc. No matter what you do, some will find it sinful or disgraceful. Live by your own best understanding, talk with God, and don't worry about the community. Your relationship with God, not what your parents, priest and that nice old couple think you should do.

Actually, there is much to be said about obtaining the advice of those who are older and wiser.  Generally speaking, if your pastor, parents, and that old couple tell you you should not do a thing, I would regard it as good advice and listen to them.

fagarcia75 said:
Fuzzmosis said:
Then Leo wanted to be cool and play the games big boys play.

Anyway, if it helps ease your conscious, puritans were completely insane. Though when it comes to religion, you'll find there is disagreement between every denomination etc. No matter what you do, some will find it sinful or disgraceful. Live by your own best understanding, talk with God, and don't worry about the community. Your relationship with God, not what your parents, priest and that nice old couple think you should do.

Actually, there is much to be said about obtaining the advice of those who are older and wiser. Generally speaking, if your pastor, parents, and that old couple tell you you should not do a thing, I would regard it as good advice and listen to them.

What if my pastor says something like "im sure its fine to play halo with your friends?"

Around the Network

I wanted to be cool and play what big boys play? Naw, I just got a ps3 and resistance was bundeled with it, I didnt even want it.

mM

I think it's fine to play any games, as long as they don't get you to act like this guy.

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad

What made you excited about the PS3 in the first place Leo-J? Where were you last generation...and what games made you decide to follow the Playstation brand this generation. I must admit, I'm very surprised to hear Soriku's answer.

Atheism fixes everything. :)
Every church blows and hates videogames, so if u want Jesus to love you burn ur consoles.

I am just taking in all the benefits of the console war.

Playing: Halo 3/Eternal Sonata (360), MP3 (Wii)

Live Tag: ipwndurmom69

I'm not follover of any of the big religions, simply because they don't make any sense at all. And they are pretty all outdated except eithist but they I belive is often making fool of the other religions. You should do that your inner voice tell's you to do. Only then it will be justfying yourself as an induvidual Human being independent and more whorty than anybody who don't do that. May the Goddess be whit you.

My dog is way beyond my ranking list than you.

Din Apekatt