By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - M rated games and religion

@ Rath: Hahaha! Then I WANT to be in your Religion! :P

@ andrewpeirce: I'm Atheist, but I'll tell you, do what you feel is right, but still think about it. Maybe you could miss out on very good things...

Around the Network
fagarcia75 said:
Rubang B said:
Slightly off-topic, but related to the mini-convo about masturbation:

I just want to say that the ancient Biblical law as brought over to the US by the Puritans was that ANY orgasm a male has (females don't have 'em right?) that doesn't make a baby is a sin. This means no condoms, no masturbation, no BJs, HJs, RJs, ZJs, nothing. The logic was that G-d gave us sex to make babies. If we use sex for pleasure, we are using it incorrectly, and thus insulting G-d's will. If you had an orgasm in your sleep, and there were 2 or more witnesses, they could sentence you to death for "having sex with the devil."

This may have been a puritan belief, but it is a wrong one. God intended sex for married couples, anything outside of that is fornication. But sex for married couples is given for that man and woman who are married to enjoy.

Heb 13:4 Marriage is honorable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

The Puritans felt the same way about marriage.  I was referring specifically to the Puritan beliefs about the male orgasm.  However, they also felt that intercourse outside of marriage was a sin, but not as bad.  Orgasms that took place within a vagina (and thus with a possibility of causing pregnancy) were natural.  Orgasms anywhere else were unnatural.  There were 2 kinds of natural orgasms.  A natural orgasm with your wife was "natural and right."  A natural orgasm before marriage or outside of your existing marriage was considered "natural and wrong."  The Puritan community would look down on this, but it definitely wasn't punishable by death.  It was more of a slap on the wrist, apologize, pray, repent, get married, that kind of stuff.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

leo-j said:
super_etecoon said:
leo-j said:
Is it true masterbation is a sin? Just askin since this is a thread about religound.

Absolutley Leo. So quit doing that.

Speak for youself :P Besides I have a girl to do it for me.

Ah so it is true that girls like total_________