By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is it just me or does Super mario Bros Wii remind you of little big planet?

It reminds me more of Legend of Zelda: Four Swords games, which came out for GBA and GameCube. Feels more like they're taking that idea of simultaneously competing and cooperating and applying it to a Mario game.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

It is just a co-op platformer. Thats all, it doesnt have the charm that is LittleBigPlanet has, plus it doesnt have a level creator. Which is the main part of LBP

@Neos

Yeah its an AAA game for nothing right

I bet NSMB Wii won't get a HIGHER metacritic than LBP

anyone want to take the bet?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Nah, LBP seems like Super Mario World with 3D models

NiKKoM said:
Xxain said:
NiKKoM said:
Let me guess... you haven't played multiplayer on New Super Mario Bros DS?

stop trying to start a war..it is very possible that Nintendo borrowed a LBP 4 player coop system

God you must feel insecure.. I'm just pointing out it's the same as multiplayer as in NSMBDS but now with 4 players instead with 2 like in Super Mario 64 DS which had 4 player multiplayer.. I can't help it if you haven't played it.. If you have played it you wouldn't think about LBP..

ok....so im insecure, but your the first person the run in the thread a shoot down the possibility of Nintendo borrowing an idea, and not to mention..you wrote all that too, the thread is asking does NSMBW remind you of LBP and the answer is yes...he wasnt asking if Nintendo copied which is route your taking, but im the insecure one *sigh*

Around the Network
Xxain said:
NiKKoM said:
Let me guess... you haven't played multiplayer on New Super Mario Bros DS?

stop trying to start a war..it is very possible that Nintendo borrowed a LBP 4 player coop system

Nop. LBP borrowed the 4 player coop of New Super Mario Bros. on the DS ;)

Vetteman94 said:
It is just a co-op platformer. Thats all, it doesnt have the charm that is LittleBigPlanet has, plus it doesnt have a level creator. Which is the main part of LBP

Very true.. create a level was very fun in that game.

thekitchensink said:
It reminds me more of Legend of Zelda: Four Swords games, which came out for GBA and GameCube. Feels more like they're taking that idea of simultaneously competing and cooperating and applying it to a Mario game.

yea but 4 swords was not a platformer. but yea this is also true. i had that game lol

Vetteman94 said:
Thats all, it doesnt have the charm that is LittleBigPlanet has

In your opinion.

No, NSMB doesn't look like LBP. I can't create levels in NSMB. They are both 4 player, and they are both platformers, but it ends there.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)