By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - And Gametrailers best software lineup award goes to .......

I would've nominated DS for Scribblenauts alone.

Around the Network
waron said:
lol, and the fact that PS3 have the worst line-up for 2009 is just pure gold. they mentioned Agent as a highlight? so why not mentioning Zelda Wii, Pikmin 3 cause those games were mentioned by Nintendo? not to mention new Monolith rpg.
psp have better line-up than ps3 - actually all those consoles and pc mentioned in the video have better line-ups than ps3. i mean come on Gran Turismo 5? they showed just another cgi trailer and we don't know when this game will be finally released, but it's on the list? Crackdown 2 and Halo Reach will be released several months before sony will announce GT5 release date.
the fact that there's no DS is even more ridiculous.
ps3 have easily the worst line-up of games this year and it won - now this is just sad. well at least it's better than iphone.

ps3 clearly had the best software lineup.

it wasnt an award to whats coming out in 2009, but overall software lineup.

you just cant stand it when ps3 is getting good games can you?

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

waron said:
Spankey said:
@waron
You're so funny!
Thanks for bringing such a laugh to the table!
PS3 09 line-up sucks. hahahaha! seriously, I'm rofl now.

compare it with other consoles

ps3:

KZ2, Uncharted 2, MAG - shooters,

Ratchet & Clank, Infamous - action games,

Demon Soul's - Diablo clone,

Katamari Forever - ps2 port,

MLB09, NBA09(only cause it's exclusive cause i don't know a single NBA sony game that was even average)

Eye Pet - casual,

wow what a great SOLID line-up of exclusive and console exclusive games, right?

360:

Forza 3, Race Pro - racing games,

Halo Wars, Battlestations Pacific, Majesty 2 - RTS games,

Halo 3: ODST, Left 4 Dead 2 - shooters,

Ninja Blade, Velvet Assassin, Splinter Cell, GTA4: Episodes From Libery City - action games,*DLC*

Lips 2 - casual game,

Stoked - sports game,

Magna Carta 2, Star Ocean 4 - jrpg,

i won't bring psp, ds and wii line-ups cause it will look even worse(if you add psn/xbl games it will lok worse no matter what so). no matter what you say action games and shooters don't make a good line-up - variety do.

I find it hilarious you bash NBA 09 and then add Ninja blade to the list..

What about Ninja gaiden sigma 2? Afrika? Singstar? You have lips but not singstar which gets a new release ever year.. if we add PSN games the GTA IV downloadable add ons are mininscule in comparison.

mM

Someone in this thread is upset

It is pretty close between both consoles but PS3 probably has more heavy hitters coming up, so a well deserved win.

I agree

PS3 DOES have the best lineup of 09 & it had the best lineup of 08 too

Fabulous time to be a PS3 owner

@waron

I think I don't have much more to say to you, hopefully you got the message from everyone else

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

The PS3 2009 lineup is weak, but by showing their great 2010 game triple GT5, God of War3 and The Last Guardian they earned the best of E3.

MS chose not to show the new Rare games and the 2nd Lionhead game (+Milo was such an early showing that you can't draw conclusions weather it's a +3 million seller yet), that's why the X360 'lost' to PS3.

But the X360 has the best lineup of 2009, hands down.

Forza 3
Splinter Cell Conviction
Halo 3: ODST
-------------------------
=invincible in 2009

Slimebeast said:

The PS3 2009 lineup is weak, but by showing their great 2010 game triple GT5, God of War3 and The Last Guardian they earned the best of E3.

MS chose not to show the new Rare games and the 2nd Lionhead game (+Milo was such an early showing that you can't draw conclusions weather it's a +3 million seller yet), that's why the X360 'lost' to PS3.

Forza 3
Splinter Cell Conviction
=invincible in 2009

Really? That's 3 games. I'm sure they'll be great but......it's 3 games.

The_God_of_War said:
Slimebeast said:

Forza 3
Splinter Cell Conviction
=invincible in 2009

Really? That's 3 games. I'm sure they'll be great but......it's 3 games.

Well there is also such games as
Left 4 Dead 2
Risen
Dead Island
Venetica
Kingdom Under Fire II (perhaps 2010)

but I didn't feel like listing games that only sell a million or a half.

The Wii looked the best and the PC looked the worst, at least to me.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

They nominated the Wii. Won't that anger their base?

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.