By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WHEN did u give up on Nintendo?

Well the last console i bough was the GC, but the Black DSlite was too smexy so I'm still at the N side :)

@pakidan101 lol

Around the Network

failed troll post?

Twilightman on Gametrailers

After RE4 on the Gamecube.

Long answer:I've always loved games but my childhood was game defficient bcuz my parents would never buy games.Most games I played were those cheap or free substandard PC games and whatever I could play at a friends house.I borrowed a friends N64 for a bit over a year and fell in love with Zelda,mariokart & smash bros.I think the only highly acclaimed 64 titles I(my friend,actuall) didn't have were Mario 64,perfect dark and majora's mask(I beat it on GC collectors edition).I also had a PS1 for about 6 months but apart from my Digimon games & some 3rd person shooter trilogy collection(forgot the name),all I had were demo discs.
I had a gameboy and games like Pokemon,Kingdom hearts,golden sun and metroid left permanent marks in my heart.I played my fair share of PS2 & GC games and discovered just generally had more fun with the GC.Then the PSP was on the horizon & I was one of the most hyped out about it.It disappointed.The DS exceeded expectations.The new home consoles came and the wii mote blew me away.Since I can’t afford to buy more than a few games a year,the wii doesn’t have too few hardcore games for me.I buy anime games,all the best 1st party efforts and the few good 3rd party efforts and I’m broke.I wouldn’t have the money to buy more games even if there were more 3rd party hardcore games.
There are too many coming between Q4 this year and Q1 next year for my wallet to handle!Besides,not every1 has access to online gaming so the HD console’s superiority in that area doesn’t phaze me.Finally,right from last gen till now,many hardcore games are overrated even b4 their release.I mean,look at prototype,dark sector and assasin’s creed!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Give up the greatest video game company the world have ever known??

I don't think so.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Why should you exactly?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I nearly gave up on Nintendo during the late GCN era, and consoles in general.

Thank god the Wii has plenty of "non-serious" games that I enjoy the most. There are far too many "serious" themed games in the market these days.

My collection of guides on GameFAQs: Read them here

My latest guide on GameFAQs, for Little King's Story! Read it here 

I "gave up" on nintendo after the SNES because i skipped the 5th generation (N64 and PS) after that i bought a PS2 and then an Xbox and now i bought an Xbox 360 and Gaming PC

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

I have known Nintendo only in the GBA age, and i loved them: i didn't had a house console like Wii, but 2 GBA and 2 DS and now it's time for a mine Wii (not for my cousin's one -__-).
I think people will never be satisfited with Nintendo: GC sold too poorly, Wii is too Casual, DS has too poor graphic...every time someone has something to argue with!
I can't think of a given up to Ninty! :)

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

I quit for some time after the N64 died out. I got heavily into PC gaming... C&C Renegade, Battlefield, Total War... but when the Wii launched my interest in consoles peaked again and I came back. For good now perhaps. And will probably stay on ninty's side for a long time with another console on it's side

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->