By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WHEN did u give up on Nintendo?

I won't give up on Nintendo because I have no reason to. I love their games.

I have long given up on 3rd parties concerning Nintendo though.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Around the Network

I started gaming in the pre-Nintendo era. However, Nintendo was my favorite console maker in the 8bit and 16bit times. I bought a PS instead of a N64 games it had great fighting games, great racing games, and Sqaure. Additionally, the games were less expensive and the PS played CDs. I still enjoyed playing Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario 64, but they weren't worth buying an entire system for.

That said, I think Nintendo's games on DS and Wii are tend to be far more fun than most games on competing systems. In other words, I'm back in Nintendo's camp because the company makes amazing games!

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Well, this generation is the first generation where my primary console has been a non-Nintendo console, and that honor goes to the 360. I got a PS2 a few years after it came out, but primarily purchased and played games on the GC... I'd say it was about 60/40 split between the two going by my game library.

Never really gave up on Nintendo, though there's been several times over the past decade where I had felt they had given up on their fans.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

I didn't.

I gave up on Nintendo decades ago when they were a pathetic company making cards........yes I have been there....for I am the....

HIGHLANDER!!!

On a more serious note, I haven't given up on Nintendo as a gaming company, for they have always been serious about creating games that give me a smile . Other game companies would push my mind to think (like Kojima and his MGS games), allow me to daydream about adventures (like the Dragon Quest and FF games) or ponder about love and friendships (like Kingdom Heart games), but Nintendo will always give me a smile and pure joy in their games....always.

Besides, Shigsy is just a creative genius! It's like he's in my mind or something....he just knows what to make to make me happy....creepy I know...

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

Around the Network

I don't know if i'd say give up exactly but close. I'd say N64.

NightDragon83 said:
Well, this generation is the first generation where my primary console has been a non-Nintendo console, and that honor goes to the 360. I got a PS2 a few years after it came out, but primarily purchased and played games on the GC... I'd say it was about 60/40 split between the two going by my game library.

Never really gave up on Nintendo, though there's been several times over the past decade where I had felt they had given up on their fans.

Yah, I feel Nintendo is to redundant not making many new IP's. Always will love a few Nintendo properties, but they rely on the proven. What makes them money. To me inovation rulz, capatilism should not be the ultimate motivater. Try some thing new. Still Sony and Microsoft are not immune to this by far. 360 rulz 2 was converted to microsoft by coop campaign in halo: combat evolved. Never will enjoy a non coop shooter as much again. to bad, oh well.

in 2299 when my conciousness was downloaded to a mechanical body... my new bio mechanical brain just gets bored by playing games for human like reflexes...
Besides that I had a great 320 years of gaming with them (a nod to the competitor GHFDS that did manage to stay in the game for 25 years against Nintendo, a new record in the 2180s).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Correct me if I'm wrong,but so far,no one has said they gave up on nintendo and never came back?Short answer
:I pretty much was a neutral gamer until I realised that almost all the games I had really,really,enjoyed,those that left permanent marks in my memory,were N-games.I realised taht a couple of years ago & became a Nintendo gamer.Of course,I still play everything else.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

I left because of the gamecube. Came back because of the DS. :p