By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Marvelous, crying over bad sales.

Oh, well then you can't exactly prove your point at the moment can you. It'd be nice if you didn't argue something you can't even prove in the first place.

You still need to take into account the install bases as well as the "big names". On top of that, you need to think about why so many big names get put on ps3. Is it because they sell? Is that also why niche titles are being put on the wii and not on the ps3? Because they won't sell?
Nobody is forcing them to make the game, and nobody is saying they would sell better on the HD consoles. But for the record, ps3 sells TP games better than wii does.

Around the Network

We'll see and we'll see.

wait wait, how is dragon quest small peanuts?

DQS isn't small, in fact it was the biggest 3rd party release in Japan until some weeks, when Taiko overtook it. Taiko could overtake it because it had a userbase advantage and because it's a main game in the series, unlike DQS which is a spin-off on another genre. Not an RPG like all the previous DQ games, but an on rails one. It sold extremely well, about 400k units first week when the userbase was about 2 million. Then the game finally died and the game drought began early in 2008.

DQX will be huge, well like every other mainline DQ game.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

There is no reason to respond to this post, I just wanted to add that there is 2 gundam games, Monster HUnter, like 4 Resevil games, deca sports (pretty popular in Japan), FF crystal chronicles, PES, tatsunoko vs capcom, one piece games. Even some games that are multiplat sell more on ps3.

Around the Network

Yeah, but they got released at the wrong time I believe. Not even Nintendo had interesting stuff to release last year second half, so sales were down a lot and interest too, which really shows why PS3 and Wii are head to head this year.

And most of those games are either smaller games or simply spin-offs/ports. PS3 has been getting sequels to huge games like MGS4, Yakuza 3, Yakuza Kenzan, Street Fighter 4, Resident Evil 5, Devil May Cry 4, Virtua Fighter 5, Blade Storm, Gundam Musou 1, Gundam Musou 2, Dinasty Warriors 5, Dinasty Warriors 5: Empires, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, Armored Core 4, Armored Core: For Answer, Disgaea 3, Musou Orochi Z, Mobile Suit Gundam, Soul Calibur 4, Way of the Samurai 3, PES 2007 2008 and 2009 bundled with HW and released 8 months before the Wii versions.

All of them sequels to big hits, plus there's more coming up like Tekken 6, KOF XII, FFXIII, FFvsXIII, FFXIV, Front Mission, MGSR, Yakuza, Gundam Chronicles. Wii is out of luck in Japan, it's still getting ignored, but casuals and Nintendo harcore followers give it the edge over the rest of the home consoles.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

I see. Interesting that wii is being ignored so much still,.. even from the get go.

Dazkarieh said:
Xen, my points are:

1- Every week there is a thread saying the Wii doesn't have good games, all are childish, for the casuals, so on.

2- Every week there is a thread where all the Wii haters come and say the Wii doesn't sell good games, or the Wii doesn't sell mature games, or the Wii doesn't sell hardcores games, and they should all be released in the HD consoles that they would buy it.

MAKE UP YOUR F*CKING MIND!!!

I'm I the only one seeing contradictions here???? Every core-niche-awesome game sells bad on the Wii, and it would sell better on PS360 because they would love it and buy tons! Sou why doesn't that gamer base move to the Wii then??? Because, judging by the huge quantity of threads about games they would buy, I'm sure they wouldn't have to put the Wii on the closet!

That's the reason I have all consoles available: all of them have great exclusives that I don't want to miss.

So what, you're fighting the good fight by trolling back?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

i agree marketing is key and these publishers are failing miserably at it.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

theprof00 said:
@daz
what?
I'm just showing 3rd party sales of each system. I made no conclusions other than ps3 3rd party games seem to sell better than wii 3rd party games. Even without MGS, there are 12 games compared to three, selling a total of 2.4M compared to 1.2

OK, please get your fanboy glasses off. A platform with thrice the install base (in Japan) has had NO big 3rd party game yet, with the first being Monster Hunter 3 in August. Meanwhile, PS3, while barely existant, has had MGS4, RE5, Yakuza, tons of Dynasty Warrior and such games, and many more not to mention many bundles (in Japan they are huge - watch MH3 passing 1m first two to three weeks).