By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Marvelous, crying over bad sales.

Soriku said:

@prof

Good job on completely avoiding my question. How often do new core third party games on the HD consoles have success on the HD consoles? As far as I can see, it doesn't happen too often.

Oh, I thought you were asking if 3rd party ps3 games sis any better, rather than asking me some intangible idea of whether or not it fits your idea of success.

Around the Network

How is that bullshit? Wii Fit sells 10 - 15k every week, Wii sells ~15k every week.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Dazkarieh said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
They need to make their own version of Wii Fit if they want profit. The Wii is mainly owned by non-gamers, so of course I don't expect certain games to do well on the Wii.

Really, is there any HD-only gamer that would buy their games?

....Probably, if it wasn't on the Wii.

How did you come to the idea that niche games are the ones selling Wii's there? Have you got proof? Well, those "niche" games you talk about, they go on selling for 5 - 6 weeks then die, while Wii Fit has been consistently selling for more than 18 months and then sales have gone up or down with the consoles sales. The Wii Fit sales are on par or really close to Wii HW sales. There's no proof needed for my statement, since it's obvious.

You believe that people are buying Wii's for games like ARF, Kizuna, Takt of Magic, Deca Sports 2?
Wii Fit is the only available HW mover, along with MKWii. The rest of the sales come probably from existing users. I dont think that 3500 people bought a Wii for Takt of Magic for instance.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Why would Wii be dropping during the ARF debut week? It didn't go up and that's what's important. Meanwhile Wii Fit sales remain constant with the HW sold, that's telling you something isn't it?

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
Soriku said:
theprof00 said:
Soriku said:

@prof

Good job on completely avoiding my question. How often do new core third party games on the HD consoles have success on the HD consoles? As far as I can see, it doesn't happen too often.

Oh, I thought you were asking if 3rd party ps3 games sis any better, rather than asking me some intangible idea of whether or not it fits your idea of success.

What intangible idea of success? I'm asking whether new core third party games have sold better on the HD consoles, WHICH IS WHAT MARVELOUS' GAMES ON THE WII ARE, if you really think the HD consoles can sell these games better. Or are you avoiding the question because you know it's not true? You're stupid if you think Marvelous games can match up to the PS3s lineup. Seriously...MGS4, DMC4, Yakuza 3, etc. etc.? Hey look, big games have sold well on the Wii too. What's your point?

starting to yell huh?

"I'm asking whether new core third party games have sold better on the HD consoles"

did you not see my graph that answered this question?

"Hey look, big games have sold well on the Wii too."

Big name 1st party games.

Here is a list of the top 3rd party games. Notice nintendo has 17 1st party games in the top 20.

and that apart from the top two nintendo 3rd party games, ps3 outsold them all.

13 Taiko no Tatsujin Wii Namco Bandai 0.57 0.00 0.00 0.57
14 Dragon Quest Sword: Kamen no Joou to Kagami no Square Enix 0.50
20 BioHazard: Umbrella Chronicles Capcom 0.28 0.54 0.46 1.28

Top 3rd party games on ps3 in japan

2 Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots Konami 0.68 1.68 1.68 4.04

4 Ryu Ga Gotoku 3 Sega 0.47 0.00 0.00 0.47
5 BioHazard 5 Capcom 0.47 0.87 0.90 2.24
6 Shin Sangoku Musou 5 KOEI 0.41 0.14 0.05 0.60
7 World Soccer Winning Eleven 2009 Konami 0.40 0.08 1.49 1.97

9 Gundam Musou 2 Namco Bandai 0.35 0.03 0.01 0.39
10 Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 Konami 0.32 0.03 1.39 1.74
11 Devil May Cry 4 Capcom 0.31
12 Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan! Sega 0.30 0.00 0.00 0.30
13 Gundam Musou Namco Bandai 0.30 0.1

Harvest Moon is my favorite game series... This is sad to read...

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

This's one of those situations that I actually regret to post this note.

@Theprof: Those games are sequels to big games, the Wii has had none so far of that level. They are coming and they will sell well, there's no doubt about it. The problem is they are coming too far away from each other and that will cause the same drop in HW sales.

Look even MHG, a game that got released multiple times before, has managed to sell close to 250k and will end up at about 300k or so, maybe more with the MH3 release. ToS2 which was a poor Tales game also managed good sales. RE:UC which was a rail shooter managed good sales and DQS, an on rails RPG also managed good sales. In Japan the brand is everything. Take a look at Taiko Drum Master Wii, it's the best selling 3rd party game, because it's a sequel to a big game and it's exclusively on the Wii.

Future big games will sell loads, it just happened that none were released so far, save for the 1st party games.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

If not you, then someone else.