By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Marvelous, crying over bad sales.

I hope that Little Kings Story and Arc Rise Fantasia will be Long-Runners.

No More Heroes has good sales, no worry about that.

Around the Network
Dazkarieh said:
Xen, my points are:

1- Every week there is a thread saying the Wii doesn't have good games, all are childish, for the casuals, so on.

2- Every week there is a thread where all the Wii haters come and say the Wii doesn't sell good games, or the Wii doesn't sell mature games, or the Wii doesn't sell hardcores games, and they should all be released in the HD consoles that they would buy it.

MAKE UP YOUR F*CKING MIND!!!

I'm I the only one seeing contradictions here???? Every core-niche-awesome game sells bad on the Wii, and it would sell better on PS360 because they would love it and buy tons! Sou why doesn't that gamer base move to the Wii then??? Because, judging by the huge quantity of threads about games they would buy, I'm sure they wouldn't have to put the Wii on the closet!

That's the reason I have all consoles available: all of them have great exclusives that I don't want to miss.

Because if we moved to the Wii or most third party games moved to make the Wii their primary development console, then we would be missing out on hd level graphics.

txrattlesnake said:
Dazkarieh said:
Xen, my points are:

1- Every week there is a thread saying the Wii doesn't have good games, all are childish, for the casuals, so on.

2- Every week there is a thread where all the Wii haters come and say the Wii doesn't sell good games, or the Wii doesn't sell mature games, or the Wii doesn't sell hardcores games, and they should all be released in the HD consoles that they would buy it.

I'm I the only one seeing contradictions here???? Every core-niche-awesome game sells bad on the Wii, and it would sell better on PS360 because they would love it and buy tons! Sou why doesn't that gamer base move to the Wii then??? Because, judging by the huge quantity of threads about games they would buy, I'm sure they wouldn't have to put the Wii on the closet!

That's the reason I have all consoles available: all of them have great exclusives that I don't want to miss.

Because if we moved to the Wii or most third party games moved to make the Wii their primary development console, then we would be missing out on hd level graphics.

I am all for good graphics but are saying you do not mind missing out on good games just for that reason?

Games4Fun said:
txrattlesnake said:
Dazkarieh said:
Xen, my points are:

I am all for good graphics but are saying you do not mind missing out on good games just for that reason?

I wouldn't want to play Gears 3 if its graphics were only going to be half as good as Gears 1 or 2's graphics especially after playing the first two.  The natural progression of things would be to expect Gears 3 to have better graphics than its predecessors.  And to consider it a failure if it didn't.

*double post*

Around the Network

So, playing the games themselves the same way as the last 5 generations doesn't bother you?

txrattlesnake said:
Dazkarieh said:
Xen, my points are:

But didn't you say that you would want these games? As is? So what's the problem for others like it? I don't see why would developers make Gears of War on the Wii because of ARF and Muramasa selling tons of copies... beacuase that would definitely happen if they were realeased to the userbase of the other platforms.

routsounmanman said:

*double post*

I come from a generation in gaming that always picked up new consoles for the improvements in graphics and not because of new control schemes.  I became a big fan of King Kong the first time I saw the Jessica Lange version of the film at a Drive-In when I was five years old re-enforced by all the times NBC used to show it in the early eighties.  A few years later I was on a cubscout trip and saw Donkey Kong in an arcade and I thought that's really neat.  I hope they make a home version.  I can't wait for this to be on the VCS.  Well, a couple of months later, I saw Donkey Kong in the store for Atari 2600 and VCS, and I purchased it and couldn't wait to get home to play it.

Well, I put it in the Atari 2600 and I was appalled by what I saw.  It looked like it had taken the arcade version and threw up all over it.  Donkey Kong was reduced from being the majestic simian of the arcade version into a giant, fuzzy, orange stickfigure with cutout eyes.  And the number of levels was dramatically reduced from the arcade version.  However, I went down to the local convenience store and they had a videogame magazine sitting on their magazine rack that had a picture of the Colecovision on its cover running the Colecovision version of Donkey Kong that might not have been perfect but in comparison to the 2600 version it was close enough to perfect to count.  And, I began saving all the coins I could get my hands on at that time to be able to pick up my Colecovision with its at the time as close to the arcade version as possible Donkey Kong pack-in.

Now its true that the Colecovision did feature some innovative controls and accesories like its controllers keypad (which although seemingly influenced by the 2600's keypad controller for Star Raiders) did allow for the play of an innovative early rts like Wargames, and the three expansion modules (#1 play 2600 games on your Colecovision, #2 the first driving controls I ever remember in a home system packed in with the Colecovision version of Turbo, and #3 turn your Colecovision into a full-fledged computer that will play games  even closer to arcade games in quality than ever before) that also justified its purchase.  The main reason to switch from Atari 2600 to Colecovision was the dramatic improvement in graphics that the Colecovision gave to games like Donkey Kong, Zaxxon, Mousetrap, and Donkey Kong Jr. over the horrible versions of these games that were available on the 2600.

And, I feel that this pattern, rather than Nintendo's insistance on controls being the deciding factor when they released Wii, that improvements in graphics have traditionally led to the purchase of the consoles in each next generation.  And improvements in graphics have been the driving influence of transition in pc gaming as well as console gaming.  The reason to buy new pcs every few years is because your old pc loses its ability to play the latest and greatest pc games rather rapidly over time. 

Dazkarieh said:
txrattlesnake said:
Dazkarieh said:
Xen, my points are:

But didn't you say that you would want these games? As is? So what's the problem for others like it? I don't see why would developers make Gears of War on the Wii because of ARF and Muramasa selling tons of copies... beacuase that would definitely happen if they were realeased to the userbase of the other platforms.

I would like games like Fragile and Muramasa because I do enjoy those types of niche games.  And they do seem to have good enough graphics.  (Besides, I don't mind to buy a Wii because Microsoft said it would be a good idea way back in 2006), however, I also think games like Madworld and No More Heroes would sell more on 360, for example, because I don't think those are niche games like Okami, Fragile, and Muramasa, and No More Heroes and Madworld are the types of games that appeal more to the 360's audience than they do the Wii's.

@the first post

With the above reply you're actually strengthening our position. Most hardcore players purchase HD games due to them being vastly superior to the Wii ones, as in, no developer is actually trying yet on the system.

I don't think anyone is going to throw up when they get to play Monster Hunter 3, Dragon Quest X, Dead Space Extraction or Silent Hill Memories. These games are to me what the system should've been getting from the start.