By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Marvelous says Grasshopper PS3 title is a risk

Spedfrom said:

@ SaviorX

I love how Xbox fanboys always find an excuse to blame the PS3 for something. It's Grasshopper who wants to make a PS3 exclusive. If it fails to connect with the players, the fault is on them, not on the console or its players.

I think he is a Nintendo fan. Other than that I completely agree with the rest of your comment.

It is stupid and childish to hate PS3, Sony and/or it's fans if Grasshopper decides to make a PS3 game and fails by doing so. It would be Grasshopper's fault entirely. Nobody is forcing them to spend their money on a PS3 game.

Some people need to grow up... for real.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
Lostplanet22 said:
SaviorX said:
If something happens and this one game does put Marvelous out of business, I will hate the PS3 and ultimately Sony forever.

What the guy says means that due to reasonable constraints, they can't do everything with the game that they wanted to because of funds and overall dev time. It is too risky too push this game to sayInfamous, MGS4, Killzone2 type levels because they just can't handle that financially.

I don't think any of Marvelous' games have passed the $8m threshold before, correct me if I am wrong.

What is the difference with now? Even if No More Heroes failed on the Wii and let grasshopper got bankrupt you would still hate the PS3

Thing is, NMH2 putting them out of business isn't even posssible. Even if the series doubled in costs, it would have to sell 800k to do well? As for me, Sony PR has done epic fails so many times, they are just..................eh, I have a PS2 though.

May I ask, what does SONY have to do with grass hopper wanting to create a PLAYSTATION 3 game?

Is it so bad to have a developer challenge themselves with stronger hardware to create a game they have always dreamed of? This was what happened with square soft and Final fantasy VII.

mM
leo-j said:
SaviorX said:
Lostplanet22 said:
SaviorX said:
If something happens and this one game does put Marvelous out of business, I will hate the PS3 and ultimately Sony forever.

What the guy says means that due to reasonable constraints, they can't do everything with the game that they wanted to because of funds and overall dev time. It is too risky too push this game to sayInfamous, MGS4, Killzone2 type levels because they just can't handle that financially.

I don't think any of Marvelous' games have passed the $8m threshold before, correct me if I am wrong.

What is the difference with now? Even if No More Heroes failed on the Wii and let grasshopper got bankrupt you would still hate the PS3

Thing is, NMH2 putting them out of business isn't even posssible. Even if the series doubled in costs, it would have to sell 800k to do well? As for me, Sony PR has done epic fails so many times, they are just..................eh, I have a PS2 though.

May I ask, what does SONY have to do with grass hopper wanting to create a PLAYSTATION 3 game?

Is it so bad to have a developer challenge themselves with stronger hardware to create a game they have always dreamed of? This was what happened with square soft and Final fantasy VII.

If you didn't noticed already Sony is also responsible for hunger in Africa, kid labour in China and shooting protesters in Iran all of the above becouse of evil $400 price tag :D

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

They have a PS3 title in development?

That will not bode well for them financially... guaranteed.

Well at least they are aware of the risks involved, good luck to them...sounds like they'll need it.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network
Euphoria14 said:
Spedfrom said:

@ SaviorX

I love how Xbox fanboys always find an excuse to blame the PS3 for something. It's Grasshopper who wants to make a PS3 exclusive. If it fails to connect with the players, the fault is on them, not on the console or its players.

I think he is a Nintendo fan. Other than that I completely agree with the rest of your comment.

It is stupid and childish to hate PS3, Sony and/or it's fans if Grasshopper decides to make a PS3 game and fails by doing so. It would be Grasshopper's fault entirely. Nobody is forcing them to spend their money on a PS3 game.

But isn't it stupid and childish to hate *any* system, not just the PS3?  Or is the Wii just excluded?

Kenology said:
Euphoria14 said:
Spedfrom said:

@ SaviorX

But isn't it stupid and childish to hate *any* system, not just the PS3?  Or is the Wii just excluded?

Yes, but nobody mentioned any other system than the PS3. That is why the PS3 was the one I mentioned in my post and not to mention that the PS3 and Grasshopper are the topic(s) at hand. Not the 360 and not the Wii.

As for the second part of your post. Is that a dig at me? If so you need to back up because I did not hint what so ever at the Wii.

I honestly do not see the point in your response to my post.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Yup. Such awareness may save them unnecessary risks, and save them as a result. I'd hate to see 'em go.

I really doubt they'd be making a fully fledged exclusive for the ps3. If they are, sonys most likely pulling the "we'll match your expenses if you make a ps3 exclusive game" or something that was rumored at some point. Might just have been psn games though. Anyways it was something to help indie developers--

Check out my game about moles ^

I can't imagine someone going bankrupt from a PSN game though.