By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Marvelous says Grasshopper PS3 title is a risk

With that PLUS

Rising Star games dont sell in EUROPE

haha

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

Around the Network

Almost nothing good sells in Europe. See Star Ocean 4.

^ Yeah, S04 is good too. Damn good JRPGs are selling like dirt this generation.

Aiemond said:
JEDE3 said:
.jayderyu said:
I'm trying to understand here why if a game being developed on a Nintendo system goes bad it's Nintendos and the fans fault, but when a game on a PS360 system it's the developers fault. Hypocrisy of forum goers at work.

Though I will agree if the company can't afford the loss. Don't make it for that system.

Well, one reason why it's nintendos fault is for the direction they went with their console... Hypocrisy? Not really.

And it was the right direction. Who is raking in the cash? Who is making the profits and is at the head of the line with motion controls? It ain't ms or sony. One company is barely making profits on the console market atm, and the other is making lss after loss. But thank god we hardcores have em right? The fact of the matter in most cases it is the companies fault and not nintendo's.

As for userbase, it matters alot of the time, but not every time. Some niche titles will sell similar independant of userbase. But more userbase is always a good thing.

Did I say it was the wrong decision?

I got an idea, lets port it to the Wii, and call it GrasshopperWii. It will sell truckloads then!

Around the Network
JEDE3 said:
izaaz - can you provide a link saying the bigger devs have the kits? because as far as I remember sony just said that 3rd party already have the kits and are working for games.

Looks like I remembered wrong. I just looked it up, and you were right. It said that 3rd parties have them, nothing stated about bigger devs.

Well, PIRACY is very strong for Wii in Europe now, like it has always been on DS and PSP

=> Results : gamers pirate, and casuals still buy... crappy games...

Thanks for small companies who did really their best on Wii and failed !

Try Rage Of Bahamut ! Free trading card and RPG game on ITunes / Android. Use Code : Laa49998 

And get free  rare card.  Enjoy !

leo-j said:
SaviorX said:
Lostplanet22 said:
SaviorX said:
If something happens and this one game does put Marvelous out of business, I will hate the PS3 and ultimately Sony forever.

What the guy says means that due to reasonable constraints, they can't do everything with the game that they wanted to because of funds and overall dev time. It is too risky too push this game to sayInfamous, MGS4, Killzone2 type levels because they just can't handle that financially.

I don't think any of Marvelous' games have passed the $8m threshold before, correct me if I am wrong.

What is the difference with now? Even if No More Heroes failed on the Wii and let grasshopper got bankrupt you would still hate the PS3

Thing is, NMH2 putting them out of business isn't even posssible. Even if the series doubled in costs, it would have to sell 800k to do well? As for me, Sony PR has done epic fails so many times, they are just..................eh, I have a PS2 though.

May I ask, what does SONY have to do with grass hopper wanting to create a PLAYSTATION 3 game?

Is it so bad to have a developer challenge themselves with stronger hardware to create a game they have always dreamed of? This was what happened with square soft and Final fantasy VII.

FFVII went to PS1 because the CD could hold more FMV which doesn't relate to console power. The N64 was the technically superior console, but it was more expensive for Square to buy the cartidges and liscense the game from Nintendo.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Zlejedi said:
leo-j said:

May I ask, what does SONY have to do with grass hopper wanting to create a PLAYSTATION 3 game?

Is it so bad to have a developer challenge themselves with stronger hardware to create a game they have always dreamed of? This was what happened with square soft and Final fantasy VII.

If you didn't noticed already Sony is also responsible for hunger in Africa, kid labour in China and shooting protesters in Iran all of the above becouse of evil $400 price tag :D

you are quite correct. If the price tag had been $200, I could have donated $200 to charity and still bought the PS3

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Harkins1721 said:
I thought No more Heroes was a big hit? What the hell happened?

Since when was it a big hit?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.