By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Marvelous says Grasshopper PS3 title is a risk

JEDE3 said:
You could make a fully fledged Ps3 game with the same costs it makes a fully fledged wii game.

exactly

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Aiemond said:
Euphoria14 said:
Spedfrom said:

@ SaviorX

I love how Xbox fanboys always find an excuse to blame the PS3 for something. It's Grasshopper who wants to make a PS3 exclusive. If it fails to connect with the players, the fault is on them, not on the console or its players.

I think he is a Nintendo fan. Other than that I completely agree with the rest of your comment.

It is stupid and childish to hate PS3, Sony and/or it's fans if Grasshopper decides to make a PS3 game and fails by doing so. It would be Grasshopper's fault entirely. Nobody is forcing them to spend their money on a PS3 game.

Some people need to grow up... for real.

I would agree it would be grasshopper's fault. I don't understand why these devs must try and show off and make big risks. Small devs should avoid an HD exclusive unless they want to put their head on the chopping block. I can't wait to see how much fail Atelier Roona is and how much it wioll cost gust, a dev whose games don't sell much either.

just because its on z HD system....doesnt mean it cost a shit load, Atelier Ronora is not a High production level..at all

have you seen the rest of gust's games? Compare the production level. I bet they had to save up to make something like it.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Devs can always use the Phyre Engine as well can they not? If I remember correctly isn't that Mars game using it and isn't it free?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Xxain said:
JEDE3 said:
You could make a fully fledged Ps3 game with the same costs it makes a fully fledged wii game.

exactly

and have less than half the userbase? Why do it then? Makes no sense. there is litterally no reason to do it.

I'm trying to understand here why if a game being developed on a Nintendo system goes bad it's Nintendos and the fans fault, but when a game on a PS360 system it's the developers fault. Hypocrisy of forum goers at work.

Though I will agree if the company can't afford the loss. Don't make it for that system.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network
Aiemond said:
Xxain said:
JEDE3 said:

exactly

and have less than half the userbase? Why do it then? Makes no sense. there is litterally no reason to do it.

Having double the userbase in no way means it will have better sales. I thought we already learned this.

If things worked that way then just about every game would be released on the Wii and not on the HD twins.

Either that or I am misunderstanding what you said.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Aiemond said:
Xxain said:
Aiemond said:
Euphoria14 said:
Spedfrom said:

@ SaviorX

I love how Xbox fanboys always find an excuse to blame the PS3 for something. It's Grasshopper who wants to make a PS3 exclusive. If it fails to connect with the players, the fault is on them, not on the console or its players.

I think he is a Nintendo fan. Other than that I completely agree with the rest of your comment.

It is stupid and childish to hate PS3, Sony and/or it's fans if Grasshopper decides to make a PS3 game and fails by doing so. It would be Grasshopper's fault entirely. Nobody is forcing them to spend their money on a PS3 game.

Some people need to grow up... for real.

I would agree it would be grasshopper's fault. I don't understand why these devs must try and show off and make big risks. Small devs should avoid an HD exclusive unless they want to put their head on the chopping block. I can't wait to see how much fail Atelier Roona is and how much it wioll cost gust, a dev whose games don't sell much either.

just because its on z HD system....doesnt mean it cost a shit load, Atelier Ronora is not a High production level..at all

have you seen the rest of gust's games? Compare the production level. I bet they had to save up to make something like it.

i own all gust games....the problem is your comparing them to PS2 GUST games which are actually crap compared to other PS2 games...compare Atelier Ronora to other quality HD titles....they a make Ronora look like a PS2 game dont let Ronora in 3D fool you it doesn't have High production values

Euphoria14 said:
Aiemond said:
Xxain said:
JEDE3 said:

exactly

Having double the userbase in no way means it will have better sales. I thought we already learned this.

theres alot of ignorance on this site

.jayderyu said:
I'm trying to understand here why if a game being developed on a Nintendo system goes bad it's Nintendos and the fans fault, but when a game on a PS360 system it's the developers fault. Hypocrisy of forum goers at work.

Though I will agree if the company can't afford the loss. Don't make it for that system.

Well, one reason why it's nintendos fault is for the direction they went with their console... Hypocrisy? Not really.

JEDE3 said:
.jayderyu said:

Well, one reason why it's nintendos fault is for the direction they went with their console... Hypocrisy? Not really.

And it was the right direction. Who is raking in the cash? Who is making the profits and is at the head of the line with motion controls? It ain't ms or sony. One company is barely making profits on the console market atm, and the other is making lss after loss. But thank god we hardcores have em right? The fact of the matter in most cases it is the companies fault and not nintendo's.

As for userbase, it matters alot of the time, but not every time. Some niche titles will sell similar independant of userbase. But more userbase is always a good thing.