By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Marvelous says Grasshopper PS3 title is a risk

If my hunch is correct and it is Kurayami he is talking about, it was announced a long time ago. This IGN article was posted in April 2006.

Around the Network

didnt sony announce awhile ago something about paying back some cost to 3rd party exclusives? they will be fine

There's 2 reasons that I think this game is a fully fledged normal game:
1) A PSN game wouldn't be that expensive to cause a super effective financial hit
2) I believe during E3 it was announced that the bigger devs/publishers received the wand dev kits, so Marvelous/Grasshopper would not have access to them at this point

If they think that it might bankrupt them, then they shouldn't do it, unless they're guaranteed by Sony that they won't go under. Otherwise it's best not to make it.

Now SaviorX.....you KNOW that was a ridiculously stupid comment....so if GH is isnt happy with NMH2 sales, you gonna hate Nintendo and Wii??

I seem the recall something about Grasshopper making a Ps3 exclusive months ago. But iirc in that one Capcom was gonna cover the game costs... Was that the same as this?

Oh and Suda and the guy who made RE4? I thought they were gonna team up?

Around the Network

CAPCOM would never do that...they wrre not happy with K7... CAPCOM is all about selling what sells

Euphoria14 said:
Spedfrom said:

@ SaviorX

I love how Xbox fanboys always find an excuse to blame the PS3 for something. It's Grasshopper who wants to make a PS3 exclusive. If it fails to connect with the players, the fault is on them, not on the console or its players.

I think he is a Nintendo fan. Other than that I completely agree with the rest of your comment.

It is stupid and childish to hate PS3, Sony and/or it's fans if Grasshopper decides to make a PS3 game and fails by doing so. It would be Grasshopper's fault entirely. Nobody is forcing them to spend their money on a PS3 game.

Some people need to grow up... for real.

I would agree it would be grasshopper's fault. I don't understand why these devs must try and show off and make big risks. Small devs should avoid an HD exclusive unless they want to put their head on the chopping block. I can't wait to see how much fail Atelier Roona is and how much it wioll cost gust, a dev whose games don't sell much either.

Now Playing: The Witcher (PC)

Consoles Owned: NES, SNES, N64, PS1, PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, Game Boy, DS

Aiemond said:
Euphoria14 said:
Spedfrom said:

@ SaviorX

I love how Xbox fanboys always find an excuse to blame the PS3 for something. It's Grasshopper who wants to make a PS3 exclusive. If it fails to connect with the players, the fault is on them, not on the console or its players.

I think he is a Nintendo fan. Other than that I completely agree with the rest of your comment.

It is stupid and childish to hate PS3, Sony and/or it's fans if Grasshopper decides to make a PS3 game and fails by doing so. It would be Grasshopper's fault entirely. Nobody is forcing them to spend their money on a PS3 game.

Some people need to grow up... for real.

I would agree it would be grasshopper's fault. I don't understand why these devs must try and show off and make big risks. Small devs should avoid an HD exclusive unless they want to put their head on the chopping block. I can't wait to see how much fail Atelier Roona is and how much it wioll cost gust, a dev whose games don't sell much either.

just because its on z HD system....doesnt mean it cost a shit load, Atelier Ronora is not a High production level..at all

izaaz - can you provide a link saying the bigger devs have the kits? because as far as I remember sony just said that 3rd party already have the kits and are working for games.

You could make a fully fledged Ps3 game with the same costs it makes a fully fledged wii game.