By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The 2009 Confederations Cup Thread

yusuke93_ita said:
YEEEEAAAAH!!!!!!!!!! ROSSI!!!!!!
this match is incredible, the americans are like in 8 to defend... it's impossible

This match is horrible :( Boring uninspired football.

Around the Network
yusuke93_ita said:
YEEEEAAAAH!!!!!!!!!! ROSSI!!!!!!
this match is incredible, the americans are like in 8 to defend... it's impossible

An american player draws...how ironic

DE ROSSI!!!!! 2-1
Business as usual ;) eheh

3-1 final score...

Well, the final score was disappointing, but I am not entirely displeased with the play of the US.

Around the Network

Id rather watch Newcastle, and that's saying something

the secondo half was fun,

Jackson50 said:
Well, the final score was disappointing, but I am not entirely displeased with the play of the US.

Our biggest problem is that Bradley relies on the wrong players.  He always picks guys who don't play for their club teams, like Feilhaber (his mistake gave Rossi the opportunity to get the first Italian goal) and players who have been injured for a long time and are just returning (Beasley).  He doesn't pick players in form.  Dempsey sucks for the national team.  Onyewu is probably the clumsiest player I've ever seen, and that was the worst attempt at a clearance I've ever seen on De Rossi's 40-yard goal.  At one point in the match Onyewu, the least-skilled player with his feet on the field (yes, including Buffon and Howard), even took a free kick in the Italian half into the penalty area!  I just can't shake the feeling that we are headed for another 1998 next year with Bradley in charge.  I hope not, but that's what I think.

Oh, and Rossi is awesome, but we knew that already.

EDIT: okay, Boyens' attempt to clear in the NZ match was worse, but come on, at least he has the excuse of having been brain-damaged playing for New Jersey.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

elprincipe said:
Jackson50 said:

Our biggest problem is that Bradley relies on the wrong players.  He always picks guys who don't play for their club teams, like Feilhaber (his mistake gave Rossi the opportunity to get the first Italian goal) and players who have been injured for a long time and are just returning (Beasley).  He doesn't pick players in form.  Dempsey sucks for the national team.  Onyewu is probably the clumsiest player I've ever seen, and that was the worst attempt at a clearance I've ever seen on De Rossi's 40-yard goal.  At one point in the match Onyewu, the least-skilled player with his feet on the field (yes, including Buffon and Howard), even took a free kick in the Italian half into the penalty area!  I just can't shake the feeling that we are headed for another 1998 next year with Bradley in charge.  I hope not, but that's what I think.

Oh, and Rossi is awesome, but we knew that already.

EDIT: okay, Boyens' attempt to clear in the NZ match was worse, but come on, at least he has the excuse of having been brain-damaged playing for New Jersey.

i think that  Dempsey is the best player in US team, Onyewu did a great job in the first half.

@ Gnizmo

It's on ESPN 2 here in LA.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.