By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The 2009 Confederations Cup Thread

I never believe Spain would go to the final. But when Italy lost, i started to see a final Brasil-Spain.
But Spain loses, again, when the time to show their best comes.

Now, Brasil will win. Even if the US is a more confident team than it was before. South Africa already got what they want, no chances for them.

Vamos Brasil!

Around the Network
pastro243 said:
But Brazil is gonna win.

Yesterday I would have said the same thing about Spain. I am 95% certain Brazil will win this match, and 85% certain Brazil will win the tournament. I was just as certain USA would lose to Spain though.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

zexen_lowe said:

No words

Serioulsy, Spain, just no. You don't lose a 35-match streak by losing against the US. Here in Argentina we have an expression for that. "PECHOS FRÍOS"

Congrats to the US, I hope they beat Brazil in the final (though, with how are things going in this cup, you never know)

We were awesome.  The US team made a few chances and took two of them, while Spain always seemed out of ideas.  Torres had a very hard time getting into the match, and seemed to not be able to get in a good first touch the few times he did get the ball.  For once Villa seemed to have lost his inventiveness.  Sergio Ramos had tons of space in the first half and did nothing with it, while his glaring error allowed the second goal.  Obviously I am very excited.  What a turnaround, from two disappointing performances against top teams to two great performances against good and incredible teams.  Of course I would like to see South Africa because that will make for a better chance of a US win, but I doubt they can beat Brazil.  At least this next time we should give Brazil a better match if we play at the same level as we did today.

Thanks for the best wishes, zexen.

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

elprincipe said:

Hey, I'm argentinian after all. That includes wishing Brazil loses in every match

zexen_lowe said:
elprincipe said:

Hey, I'm argentinian after all. That includes wishing Brazil loses in every match

I know, haha.  What if we put in Feilhaber for Bradley (suspended with a somewhat harsh red card) though?  Feilhaber is from Rio...

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Around the Network

Damn, what an unfair result. Just like football has surprises like yesterday, it has injustices like today, South Africa played great (though, they seriously lack forwards), Brazil sucked, the referee invented a foul, Brazil to the final.

Oh, well, go USA on Sunday

I didn't see the game.. So, i can't say if South Africa deserved win or not.. But, Brasil won. That's what matters. =D

And Sunday, Brasil will win again!

Vamos Brasil!

Brasil showed spain that they can win even playing like crap, now the only thing I wish is that chile would have gotten in there, by the way things are happening we wouldve at least gotten in the final.

pastro243 said:
Brasil showed spain that they can win even playing like crap, now the only thing I wish is that chile would have gotten in there, by the way things are happening we wouldve at least gotten in the final.

You were kicked from the Copa America by losing 6-1....you weren't very close to qualifying

zexen_lowe said:

You were kicked from the Copa America by losing 6-1....you weren't very close to qualifying

This remember me Argentina and Bolivia! I will never forget this!

Bolivia 6-1 Argentina.