By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The 2009 Confederations Cup Thread

pastro243 said:
Now, I have a question, Isnt Brazil there because they won the Copa America? I thought US and Mexico where playing that too, so they have 2 chances to get into the confederation cup?

That sucks if its true, better teams should be playing it.
Anyways, I think this is the time for spain to proove themselves to the giant Brazil and see if they can win the WC. Italy was a disgrace, I supported them because I am part italian and they did dissapoint.

Brazil is in the South American league, and USA is in the North American/Central American/Carribean league. They both won their respective tournaments to qualify.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
pastro243 said:
Now, I have a question, Isnt Brazil there because they won the Copa America? I thought US and Mexico where playing that too, so they have 2 chances to get into the confederation cup?

Anyways, I think this is the time for spain to proove themselves to the giant Brazil and see if they can win the WC. Italy was a disgrace, I supported them because I am part italian and they did dissapoint.

They play as invented teams. If one of them wins the cup, the winner will be the other team in the final.

I supported Italia jsut because, along with Brasil, they were the only teams that could beat Spain. Brasil still have the chance. ;)

bratislav said:
pastro243 said:

They play as invented teams. If one of them wins the cup, the winner will be the other team in the final.

I supported Italia jsut because, along with Brasil, they were the only teams that could beat Spain. Brasil still have the chance. ;)

I see now, I dont know if one of them has actually won the copa america, if they havent it really doesnt matter

pastro243 said:
bratislav said:
pastro243 said:

I see now, I dont know if one of them has actually won the copa america, if they havent it really doesnt matter

It's the same as when Mexican teams play the Libertadores, if they win (HAHAHA) they don't qualify to the Club World Cup

Thus, when we played the final against Cruz Azul in 2001, we were already qualified to the Intercontinental, even if we lost. Not that we did

pastro243 said:

No, they'd never won, but Mexico'd already got into the finals. But he lost the game and Colombia won.

Around the Network

OHHHHHHHH SPAIN LOST AGAINST USA XDDDDD

You know I was thinking of making a post about how funny it would be to have USA vs South Africa as the finals. I didn't because I figured there is no chance. It would be absolutely histerical for those two to fight it out while Spain and Brazil try for third place.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

But Brazil is gonna win.

No words

Serioulsy, Spain, just no. You don't lose a 35-match streak by losing against the US. Here in Argentina we have an expression for that. "PECHOS FRÍOS"

Congrats to the US, I hope they beat Brazil in the final (though, with how are things going in this cup, you never know)

Unfortunately, I did not view the match live. My internet has not worked correctly since last Tuesday. Anyway, this was both an unexpected and important win for the US.