By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - The 2009 Confederations Cup Thread

Wow...
Italy lost the match!
It's not that good for Brasil. Now the italians have to win the game, but i still go with Brasil! xD

And South Africa finally won. I hope they can play against Spain better than they played with New Zeland. Maybe a draw. ;D

Vamos Brasil!!

Around the Network

:D Italy lost by 3 against Brazil, USA won by 3 against Egypt.

Egypt, USA and Italy have won 1 game.
USA advances because goal difference. Should be a wake up call for Italy.

My brother just walked in the room and told me the US advanced to the Semis. I was kinda over the tournament but wow, didn't see that coming. Now I'm going to watch to watch the next game.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Unbelievable result for the US! What a wonderful surprise. I actually watched the Italy-Brazil match, thinking it would be the one to matter most and that the US was out for sure. Awesome result. What a great response by our players. I expect we'll get slaughtered by Spain, but wow, what a great accomplishment and boost to confidence!

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

outlawauron said:
@ Gnizmo

It's on ESPN 2 here in LA.

I've been working 8-5 is the problem. The games come on at 9 and 130 with an occasional replay at 11:30. I have been glad that I didn't stay up late to watxh the Italy and Brazil games.

I was really impressed by today's match. I had just hoped to see the US not get stomped on for at least one game during the tournament. I was thrilled when I realized they would advance. Hopefully they beat Spain, but I highly doubt it. I don't particularly care for their team after the Eurocup so I would be extra thrilled if the US pulled a win. I will be satisfied if they manage to not embarass themselves though.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Well, it looks like I was (surprisingly) correct in my predictions. After our 3-0 loss to Brazil, I was certain that my prediction of the US advancing was going to be incorrect. I do not expect us to defeat Spain, but we should compete...hopefully.

I can't believe the US passed, unbelievable. Poor Egypt, two excellent matches against Brazil and Italy and they screwed in the most "accessible" match.

Italy sucks period. What's been made of the world champion? Pathetic.

The final Spain-Brazil will really be interesting, I definitely have to watch that

Italy have dropped so far from 2006. Real shocker that the least likely team to qualify from group B did so.

PS4/PS3/PC/3DS Owner (Will buy a Switch when mainline Pokemon game is released)

I can't believe the US passed, unbelievable. Poor Egypt, two excellent matches against Brasil and Italy and they screwed in the most "accessible" match. [2]

Italy just had to score one time.. now the final will be great! Spain vs Brasil.
I still go with Brasil. Always. ;D

Vamos Brasil!

Now, I have a question, Isnt Brazil there because they won the Copa America? I thought US and Mexico where playing that too, so they have 2 chances to get into the confederation cup?

That sucks if its true, better teams should be playing it.
Anyways, I think this is the time for spain to proove themselves to the giant Brazil and see if they can win the WC. Italy was a disgrace, I supported them because I am part italian and they did dissapoint.