By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: PSP Go Battery Life 3 to 6 Hours!! (SAME as Current PSP's)!!

disappointing.

i hated the battery life on my psp

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Around the Network

with 40% lighter than PSP3000, do you actually expect the battery life to have a huge boost? Let's be frank. how much weight do you think the UMD plastic slot really going to save you by itself? I don't remember this much whinning with DSi came out with considerably LESS battery life than DSL (and we aren't even talking about PSPgo coming with less battery life here)

Also, for others who complain about the pricing, How much is Ipod Touch 16GB selling for right now??

If you don't like it. don't buy it, go with PSP3000 if you please, The whinning is getting a little tiring.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
SmokedHostage said:
Taz! said:
Munkeh111 said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
Shame about the low battery life but i think i will likely swallow that and buy one anyway! I mean it being priced £250 here in the UK is pushing it a bit since it is cheaper EVERYWHERE else than here

I seriously don't believe it will be released for £250, we are ripped off for everything, but this is just a hundred steps too far. I would be disapointed if the console is more than £200

It will be, but for a very short time. Early tech enthusiasts will but the new, flashy new system nomatter the price. Then Sony can reduce the price by quite a bit to get alot more sales.

The price is very very smart. The PSP Go should be cheaper to produce than the other models, and will have mega mega high profit margins. This is the type of product Sony needs to get itself back to profitability

Are you a Sony stockholder or a customer?  I'm sure as hell am not going to buy a overpriced handheld for the sake of Sony's profit margins?

Well I don't plan on paying for it myself....

Anyway, I can see them launching it at quite a high price, but over £200 is just ridiculous, it will make the Go the most expensive console save the PS3 (£300) and perhaps Elite (£230)

SmokedHostage said:
Taz! said:
Munkeh111 said:
Squall_Leonhart said:
Shame about the low battery life but i think i will likely swallow that and buy one anyway! I mean it being priced £250 here in the UK is pushing it a bit since it is cheaper EVERYWHERE else than here

I seriously don't believe it will be released for £250, we are ripped off for everything, but this is just a hundred steps too far. I would be disapointed if the console is more than £200

It will be, but for a very short time. Early tech enthusiasts will but the new, flashy new system nomatter the price. Then Sony can reduce the price by quite a bit to get alot more sales.

The price is very very smart. The PSP Go should be cheaper to produce than the other models, and will have mega mega high profit margins. This is the type of product Sony needs to get itself back to profitability

Are you a Sony stockholder or a customer?  I'm sure as hell am not going to buy a overpriced handheld for the sake of Sony's profit margins?

Guess.

I simply supplied factual information as to why it will be released at that price, and I'm also correcting people sho say this is a 'mistake' for Sony.

Yeah if I get the cash I wanna get that sexy platinum PSP with the FF bundle.

Around the Network

Wow... How disapointing.

I'm sticking with my PSP 2000 for now.

@Taz!

idk what im talking about

srsly, 3-5 hours is a huge let down man....
a $250 psp with bluetooth + a 16 gb hard drive + smaller design is just ridiculous

In this climate, Sony need to release products with minimal R&D costs, high profit margins and that make them profit from basically day 1.

The PSP Go is perfect

I don't understand the complaints from people saying "stop whining"

If a device is seriously looking to be a rip-off in harsh words, you will get whining

I mean, I can't think of 1 thing that PSP GO! does better than PSP 3000 now.....not one thing

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

321tttrini4everz said:
@Taz!

idk what im talking about

srsly, 3-5 hours is a huge let down man....
a $250 psp with bluetooth + a 16 gb hard drive + smaller design is just ridiculous

Yes, it's ridiculous...and a ripoff.

There are people who will still buy it though. Sony is leaking money like a bucket currently, and they have to adjust. They need to make money which is what they will do with the PSP Go.