By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony: PSP Go Battery Life 3 to 6 Hours!! (SAME as Current PSP's)!!

@Taz

but I'm not a SONY shareholder, so I don't care about that.

For us gamers, its gonna seem like a rip off.

I really want to see how people are gonna be convinced to buy this

SONY has disappointed me with a hardware product for the first time ever :(

& before you say "well you got your PS3 at launch"......well PS3 was completely worth every penny

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
I don't understand the complaints from people saying "stop whining"

If a device is seriously looking to be a rip-off in harsh words, you will get whining

I mean, I can't think of 1 thing that PSP GO! does better than PSP 3000 now.....not one thing

Things the PSP Go! does better:

1) The PSP Go!'s screen doesn't have the faults of the PSP 3000

2) The PSP Go! has ingame XMB, the 3000 wont be getting that.

3) It has internal memory so you don't have to go out and buy some yourself to download games onto.

4) Buttons are better, and are also better placed

5) No UMD drive means more reliable hardware

6) Bluetooth

7) Its size and weight means you can easilier transport the Go! than the 3000.

I'll gladly give you another reminder of all these things later if you need it

kingofwale said:
with 40% lighter than PSP3000, do you actually expect the battery life to have a huge boost? Let's be frank. how much weight do you think the UMD plastic slot really going to save you by itself? I don't remember this much whinning with DSi came out with considerably LESS battery life than DSL (and we aren't even talking about PSPgo coming with less battery life here)

Also, for others who complain about the pricing, How much is Ipod Touch 16GB selling for right now??

If you don't like it. don't buy it, go with PSP3000 if you please, The whinning is getting a little tiring.

Well said.

Darth - the console isn't for you so stop caring about it. Rainbird and that cactus guy and a few others are looking forward to it and no matter how loud you get about it being bad they will still probablly purchase it. And me too. I haven't been interested in any handhelds. I actually hate them. Untill this E3. but thats mostly because of the games that were announced for it. But I'll probablly get a Go if i buy one.

hatmoza 2.0 said:
Does it really matter guys?! Jeesh... I was expecting it to shoot laser beams and teleport me from and to Japan. Either grow up and be realistic or don't fucking get one!

Me on the other hand, I'm going to spend my 270$ and get one and enjoy it despite already having a PSP 2000 so the hell with this whining.

Me2 :(

Btw i think it's 250

Check out my game about moles ^

darthdevidem01 said:
@Taz

but I'm not a SONY shareholder, so I don't care about that.

For us gamers, its gonna seem like a rip off.

I really want to see how people are gonna be convinced to buy this

SONY has disappointed me with a hardware product for the first time ever :(

& before you say "well you got your PS3 at launch"......well PS3 was completely worth every penny

But does Sony care that you don't care?

Bottom line is that this is what's required by Sony to stay afloat. It could also greatly help reduce the PS3 price. 

Around the Network

And Darth, you say this is the first time Sony hardware has let you down?
This is the first time Sony have been is such financial trouble. Something has to give

REPOST below accidently

Rainbird said:
darthdevidem01 said:
I don't understand the complaints from people saying "stop whining"

If a device is seriously looking to be a rip-off in harsh words, you will get whining

I mean, I can't think of 1 thing that PSP GO! does better than PSP 3000 now.....not one thing

Things the PSP Go! does better:

1) The PSP Go!'s screen doesn't have the faults of the PSP 3000  -- The screen's still smaller!

2) The PSP Go! has ingame XMB, the 3000 wont be getting that. -- How useful will this really be, if your on the "go" & not near a wifi spot, whats the point unless in-game music is being implemented

3) It has internal memory so you don't have to go out and buy some yourself to download games onto. -- I'm a teenager & I don't have a credit card, PSP's audience has lots of teenagers in it, this is very inconvinient + 16GB = limitiation to the amount of games I can download

4) Buttons are better, and are also better placed -- Debatable & by most responses, they seem more inconviniently placed

5) No UMD drive means more reliable hardware -- PSP original didn't have a big failure rate anyway

6) Bluetooth -- Thats one good thing so far

7) Its size and weight means you can easilier transport the Go! than the 3000. -- PSP was perfectly portable for me & for many people

I'll gladly give you another reminder of all these things later if you need it

All thos "improvements" aren't worth the extra price

@JEDE3

no the message needs to get to SONY, no way are we just standing back & letting them do this

let the people who are excited be excited, also if you want to buy a new PSP why not the PSP 3000?

@Taz!

I understand SONY's difficulty, but its a big disappointement for us hoping it would contain allt he improvements we wanted (not including the 2nd joystick, that was  a silly suggestion & would alienate 90% of PSP's userbase)

"no the message needs to get to SONY, no way are we just standing back & letting them do this"

The message probablly already got to Sony. Sony probablly recieved it before they announced the price. I promise you this will only be till the end of the FY then the price will come down. They will sell some at this price so why not put it at this price?

JEDE3 said:
"no the message needs to get to SONY, no way are we just standing back & letting them do this"

The message probablly already got to Sony. Sony probablly recieved it before they announced the price. I promise you this will only be till the end of the FY then the price will come down. They will sell some at this price so why not put it at this price?

Yes, you get the point.