By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
radha said:
dharh said:

First.  At least get the specs right.

PSP Go Feartures:

Memory Stick M2

3.8" screen

Second. It's probably not the unit for you.  It's definitely the unit for me though.  The UMD format would have been good IF they had fully supported with a large range of products at launch.  Like mini movie players (like those palmtop dvd players), recordable/re-writable UMD drives for computers, PS3 usable, etc.  As it stands it sucks.  I would much rather just download the game to my computer and put it on the PSP as needed.  With a 16GB M2 stick and the 16GB onboard id have all the games I needed day to day, and when I wanted to I could swap out as needed as well.

The PSPGO 16GB is more portable, less cumbersome, and not stuck with a dead format.

The point is if the 3000 is also available why  will you buy a PSP go? i will also be able to download the same games that you do and play them in a 3000

Well, id say I wouldn't touch a PSP3k with a 10 foot pole.  The screen has issues I don't like, but since they fixed that with the PSPGO I can finally upgrade my PSP2k.  I actually want to be able to put a PSP in my pocket which I can't do with my PSP2k.  I already am going to download all the games I have on UMD already anyway so thats a non-issue, I am sick and tired of carrying around UMD discs.  A 16GB SONY Memory stick costs about $100.  PSP3k price + 16GB memory stick = $249.  Imagine that.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Around the Network
radha said:
kaneada said:
radha said:
JEDE3 said:
PSP isn't 200 dollars....

true, the price i put was the rachet bundle ill fix it

I think the psp go is $249.99 not $259.99, you might want to check that.

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-not-worried-by-psp-go-price-135497.phtml

I still don't see the big deal on the price point though, its less expensive than an Ipod touch with the same amount of storage and has better games. It also has access to content that can be trasfered between your PS3 and back again with little trouble. Maybe its just me, but people are making way too big a deal about this.

You are completely right, but everythign you said can be done with the 3000, and it really cost sony least to build a psp go than a 3000, you are getting less and paying more

Yes that is true, it can all be done with the 3000, but I maintain the stand point that the majority of people that will go with a first gen PSP GO are going to be people that are looking to trade up and go with pure digital format or a smaller device, but that will hinge ultimately on Sony putting out a good UMD trade up plan. The price will drop on it as a new model with more storage comes out. I think they plan on pricing a bit like Apple does there IPod's because the whole concept seems comaparable. Also those with a PSP 3000 might consider getting this device due to the screen issues.

If this works out the way Sony says it will I will most likely trade up and buy a GO.

-- Nothing is nicer than seeing your PS3 on an HDTV through an HDMI cable for the first time.

I remember when handhelds used to be cheap and aprochable.

I LOVE ICELAND!

Sony wont really care IMO. They will obviously like it to sell loads but....
The profit margins off the PSP will be huge, Im thinking at least £65 profit per system. Now, the PSP Go will still sell a decent amount of units, and It will make Sony alot of money. This is what they want right now, profit making products.

PSP Go will sell regardless of some may feel about it and its pricetag.

Dont think Sony's just competing against the NDS, there's also the iPod Touch. Think of all the kids and teens that want an iPod Touch, a 16gb is more expensive ($299 was it and $230 for a 8gb?), not everybody likes to use iTunes to put in music, and the games....nuff said. Dont be surprised if Sony's PSP Go will start replacing people's choices instead of wanting an iPod. 

There are some people that choose the iPod over PSP due to portable comfort and the new PSP Go now has that. Thats enough said to believe that the PSP Go will suceed over the PSP-3000.

Around the Network

Sweet guys.
Because some random guy on a message board says its going to fail means its going to fail!
WOOT!

V-r0cK said:

PSP Go will sell regardless of some may feel about it and its pricetag.

Dont think Sony's just competing against the NDS, there's also the iPod Touch. Think of all the kids and teens that want an iPod Touch, a 16gb is more expensive ($299 was it and $230 for a 8gb?), not everybody likes to use iTunes to put in music, and the games....nuff said. Dont be surprised if Sony's PSP Go will start replacing people's choices instead of wanting an iPod. 

There are some people that choose the iPod over PSP due to portable comfort and the new PSP Go now has that. Thats enough said to believe that the PSP Go will suceed over the PSP-3000.

I think that may be counting your chickens a bit too soon. Ideally, I would love to see the PSP Go become a successful rival to the IPod, but I think the GO is a niche market for people like me who think a purely digital game machine is a great idea. The Apple name and the IPod brand is synonimus with on the go multi-media devices, so Sony has a long road ahead of them if they want to be competative. The name carries stigma and that must be broken in the consumers mind a piece at a time, or the PSP will long be recognized as that failed handheld, despite it selling 47 million units and being a perfectly capable MMD.

Hopefully all the good things this system has to offer remove some of the bad stigma associated with the product. I love my PSP btw.

-- Nothing is nicer than seeing your PS3 on an HDTV through an HDMI cable for the first time.

This is my last word on PSP GO!, after this I will just be happy with my purchase this October.

PSP GO!, PS3, and the rest of the top of the line Sony devices are priced as they are because they are the best on the market. Sony refuses to use cheap parts to build its product, but in return you get a device that will last for years. Out of the multitude of Sony products I have owned over the years I have only had a problem with one of them. It was a BD-Drive failure on the 80GB PS3 I bought for the bedroom. I have had PS1, PS2, PSP, TV's, radios, and a multitude of other Sony products over the years. Every one of them still works today. The same can not be said for any other products I have bought.

Sorry to all of you that feel a $199 PSP GO! would such a great deal, but as a fan of durable devices I have to say STFU. I will take the couple of extra dollar hit to have a PSP that last 5 years or more, than a device that breaks down every 2 years (iPods, Zune, 360, Phillips, Toshiba, SHarp, Panasonic, ect.)

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

dharh said:
radha said:
dharh said:

First.  At least get the specs right.

PSP Go Feartures:

Memory Stick M2

3.8" screen

Second. It's probably not the unit for you.  It's definitely the unit for me though.  The UMD format would have been good IF they had fully supported with a large range of products at launch.  Like mini movie players (like those palmtop dvd players), recordable/re-writable UMD drives for computers, PS3 usable, etc.  As it stands it sucks.  I would much rather just download the game to my computer and put it on the PSP as needed.  With a 16GB M2 stick and the 16GB onboard id have all the games I needed day to day, and when I wanted to I could swap out as needed as well.

The PSPGO 16GB is more portable, less cumbersome, and not stuck with a dead format.

The point is if the 3000 is also available why  will you buy a PSP go? i will also be able to download the same games that you do and play them in a 3000

Well, id say I wouldn't touch a PSP3k with a 10 foot pole.  The screen has issues I don't like, but since they fixed that with the PSPGO I can finally upgrade my PSP2k.  I actually want to be able to put a PSP in my pocket which I can't do with my PSP2k.  I already am going to download all the games I have on UMD already anyway so thats a non-issue, I am sick and tired of carrying around UMD discs.  A 16GB SONY Memory stick costs about $100.  PSP3k price + 16GB memory stick = $249.  Imagine that.

true but 16gb is mandatory in the go with a 3000 you can put a 8gb if you want for US$30 you can redownload if you run out of space and if you have a ps3 youcan leave a copy in the ps3

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Smashed said:
Sweet guys.
Because some random guy on a message board says its going to fail means its going to fail!
WOOT!

is an argument not a profecy, this is the reason forums exist, arguments

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection