By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PSP GO will Fail

Ill make a quick comparation, because i want to know if someone actually thinks this thing will sell and why.

PSP -3000 Features                                                                                     PSP Go Feartures

Speakers                                        YES                                                        Speakers                                        YES

Wi-Fi                                               YES                                                        Wi-Fi                                               YES

Memory Stick Duo slot                    YES                                                        Memory Stick Duo slot                    YES

Video out jack                                YES                                                         Video out jack                                YES

microphone                                    YES                                                         microphone                                    YES

CPU                                                                                                              CPU

(System clock frequency 1 - 333MHz)                                                           (System clock frequency 1 - 333MHz)

Screen                                                                                                          Screen

4.3 inch, 16:9 full transparent type                                                              3.8 inch, 16:9 full transparent type

480 x 272 pixel                                                                                            480 x 272 pixel

Approximately 16,770,000 million colors displayed                                      Approximately 16,770,000 million colors displayed

Input/Output                                                                                                Input/Output                             

High Speed (USB2.0) (mini-B)                                                                       High Speed (USB2.0) (mini-B)

Analog Video Out                                                                                         Analog Video Out

Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b) (Wi-Fi)                                                           Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b) (Wi-Fi)

Key / Switches                                                                    Key / Switches

Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left)                                                  Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left)

1 Analog Stick                                                                                            1 Analog Stick

Enter keys (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)                                               Enter keys (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)

START button, SELECT button, PS button                                                   START button, SELECT button, PS button

Disc Drive                                                                           Disc Drive

Read-only UMD™ Drive                                                                              N/A

Internal storage                                                                                        Internal storage

N/A                                                                                                             16/32GB Flash

Price                                                                                                           Price

US$169.99                                                                                                      US$249.99 (fixed thanks)

Has access to comeplete PSP Librery                                                        Does not have access to comeplete PSP Librery

of current and future games

Also accessories are no compatible,  both will be sold simultanously, both will have full support according to sony and most games will still be released on UMD along PSN store, but anyway PSN store is available for both and both can get digiral content.

Ok , WHY WOULD ANYONE BUY A PSP GO? someone explain me, why give US$80 way for the same thing? if you are thinking about buying this, why do you think it will give you a different expiriance? it all comes doen to the size reduction but, should this translate to a price reduction since is now cheaper to make?  

All this bring us to one logical conclusion as long as the 3000 is available PSP GO will fail in sales if the price is not dropped

AGAIN to clarify my point, some are saying that they dont want to go around with a buch of UMD's , but you wont need to with the 3000 neither you and download to the 3000 too

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network

thats why i wont buy one.

Wait, I thought Sony was going to put the whole PSP library available for download?

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

PSP isn't 200 dollars....

NJ5 said:
Wait, I thought Sony was going to put the whole PSP library available for download?

no, ill find the link to show  you

Hey Listen!

Around the Network
NJ5 said:

I don't know where radha is getting his info from but sony said they'll have 300 titles availble at launch. And they'll most likely update the store weekly with new titles added.

JEDE3 said:
PSP isn't 200 dollars....

true, the price i put was the rachet bundle ill fix it

Hey Listen!

Also the PSP Go screen is half inch smaller isnt it.

since the spec's are not final yet. and you also missed that the PSPGO also has Bluetooth 2.0, there is no telling what else Sony has updated into the new PSPGo. also the first PSP only had 32 MB of ram, all new PSP's have 64MB of ram. so Sony may even upgrade the Ram in the new unit. one thing is for sure adding Bluetooth to the PSP is a step in the right direction in my opinion.

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.

JEDE3 said:
NJ5 said:

I don't know where radha is getting his info from but sony said they'll have 300 titles availble at launch. And they'll most likely update the store weekly with new titles added.

wait a min im finding the link

Hey Listen!