By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
kaneada said:
radha said:
JEDE3 said:
PSP isn't 200 dollars....

true, the price i put was the rachet bundle ill fix it

I think the psp go is $249.99 not $259.99, you might want to check that.

http://www.destructoid.com/sony-not-worried-by-psp-go-price-135497.phtml

I still don't see the big deal on the price point though, its less expensive than an Ipod touch with the same amount of storage and has better games. It also has access to content that can be trasfered between your PS3 and back again with little trouble. Maybe its just me, but people are making way too big a deal about this.

You are completely right, but everythign you said can be done with the 3000, and it really cost sony less to build a psp go than a 3000, you are getting less and paying more

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Around the Network
radha said:
Rainbird said:
radha said:
NJ5 said:
Wait, I thought Sony was going to put the whole PSP library available for download?

no, ill find the link to show  you

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/10/a-majority-of-back-catalog-psp-games-available-to-download-oct/

"We followed up with Rubenstein today and he told us, "The majority of back catalog PSP games will be made available for download around the launch of the PSPgo." We made sure to ask if he was speaking strictly about first-party titles and he told us he meant "the majority overall.""

------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I do want a PSP Go! and I have every intent of buying one.

1) It's smaller and lighter

2) Comes with the built in memory for downloading games

3) Improved screen (doesn't have the errors of the 3000)source?

4) Better buttons and button placement (opinion)

5) UMD drives have moveable parts and create greater chances of hardware failure

Those are the reasons I will be getting a PSP Go!, and although I do agree that the price is too high, I'm willing to pay that much anyway.

Yes this is the link i  was looking for, the point is it wont have more games that the 3000

No, it will just have almost as many...

radha said:
Rainbird said:
radha said:
NJ5 said:
Wait, I thought Sony was going to put the whole PSP library available for download?

no, ill find the link to show  you

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/10/a-majority-of-back-catalog-psp-games-available-to-download-oct/

"We followed up with Rubenstein today and he told us, "The majority of back catalog PSP games will be made available for download around the launch of the PSPgo." We made sure to ask if he was speaking strictly about first-party titles and he told us he meant "the majority overall.""

------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I do want a PSP Go! and I have every intent of buying one.

1) It's smaller and lighter

2) Comes with the built in memory for downloading games

3) Improved screen (doesn't have the errors of the 3000)source?

4) Better buttons and button placement (opinion)

5) UMD drives have moveable parts and create greater chances of hardware failure

Those are the reasons I will be getting a PSP Go!, and although I do agree that the price is too high, I'm willing to pay that much anyway.

Yes this is the link i  was looking for, the point is it wont have more games that the 3000

Do you really want MLB the Show '05 when MLB the Show '10 is right around the corner? They most likely would be the same price. So I assume the majority of the games that arent being put up would be games like these. Madden and MLB and the such

My problem with the PSP Go is the game's price. You only have one price for digital, but you can find brand new copies of PSP games for cheap online or in-store; you can also resell them or rent them. This PSP Go is a no for me.

dharh said:
radha said:

Ill make a quick comparation, because i want to know if someone actually thinks this thing will sell and why.

PSP -3000 Features                                                                                     PSP Go Feartures

Speakers                                        YES                                                        Speakers                                        YES

Wi-Fi                                               YES                                                        Wi-Fi                                               YES

Memory Stick Duo slot                    YES                                                        Memory Stick Duo slot                    YES

Video out jack                                YES                                                         Video out jack                                YES

microphone                                    YES                                                         microphone                                    YES

CPU                                                                                                              CPU

(System clock frequency 1 - 333MHz)                                                           (System clock frequency 1 - 333MHz)

Screen                                                                                                          Screen

4.3 inch, 16:9 full transparent type                                                              4.3 inch, 16:9 full transparent type

480 x 272 pixel                                                                                            480 x 272 pixel

Approximately 16,770,000 million colors displayed                                      Approximately 16,770,000 million colors displayed

Input/Output                                                                                                Input/Output                             

High Speed (USB2.0) (mini-B)                                                                       High Speed (USB2.0) (mini-B)

Analog Video Out                                                                                         Analog Video Out

Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b) (Wi-Fi)                                                           Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b) (Wi-Fi)

Key / Switches                                                                    Key / Switches

Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left)                                                  Directional buttons (Up/Down/Right/Left)

1 Analog Stick                                                                                            1 Analog Stick

Enter keys (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)                                               Enter keys (Triangle, Circle, Cross, Square)

START button, SELECT button, PS button                                                   START button, SELECT button, PS button

Disc Drive                                                                           Disc Drive

Read-only UMD™ Drive                                                                              N/A

Internal storage                                                                                        Internal storage

N/A                                                                                                             16/32GB Flash

Price                                                                                                           Price

US$169.99                                                                                                      US$259.99

Has access to comeplete PSP Librery                                                        Does not have access to comeplete PSP Librery

of current and future games

Also accessories are no compatible,  both will be sold simultanously, both will have full support according to sony and most games will still be released on UMD along PSN store, but anyway PSN store is available for both and both can get digiral content.

Ok , WHY WOULD ANYONE BUY A PSP GO? someone explain me, why give US$80 way for the same thing? if you are thinking about buying this, why do you think it will give you a different expiriance? it all comes doen to the size reduction but, should this translate to a price reduction since is now cheaper to make?  

All this bring us to one logical conclusion as long as the 3000 is available PSP GO will fail in sales if the price is not dropped

First.  At least get the specs right.

PSP Go Feartures:

Memory Stick M2

3.8" screen

Second. It's probably not the unit for you.  It's definitely the unit for me though.  The UMD format would have been good IF they had fully supported with a large range of products at launch.  Like mini movie players (like those palmtop dvd players), recordable/re-writable UMD drives for computers, PS3 usable, etc.  As it stands it sucks.  I would much rather just download the game to my computer and put it on the PSP as needed.  With a 16GB M2 stick and the 16GB onboard id have all the games I needed day to day, and when I wanted to I could swap out as needed as well.

The PSPGO 16GB is more portable, less cumbersome, and not stuck with a dead format.

Yeah I don't think it will fail, but its not exactly going to shift the portable audience either. The PSP GO, the first generation of them at least, is for people like me that want all digital on their portable and to not have to carry around a ton of junk. I like the prospect of better battery life due to no UMD. Perhaps someone can confirm that, because I haven't found anything one way or another.

-- Nothing is nicer than seeing your PS3 on an HDTV through an HDMI cable for the first time.

Around the Network

SONY is not going to make as much money from the PSPGO 16GB as many people think. SONY has to give the retailers a larger cut of the sales of each PSPGO. 16GB of internal memory is not a trivial cost either. I'm not saying they aren't going to make more money from each PSPGO 16GB sold than each PSP3k sold, but selling a PSPGO 16GB at say $199 would be stupid for SONY.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

dharh said:

PSP Go Feartures:

Memory Stick M2

3.8" screen

Second. It's probably not the unit for you.  It's definitely the unit for me though.  The UMD format would have been good IF they had fully supported with a large range of products at launch.  Like mini movie players (like those palmtop dvd players), recordable/re-writable UMD drives for computers, PS3 usable, etc.  As it stands it sucks.  I would much rather just download the game to my computer and put it on the PSP as needed.  With a 16GB M2 stick and the 16GB onboard id have all the games I needed day to day, and when I wanted to I could swap out as needed as well.

The PSPGO 16GB is more portable, less cumbersome, and not stuck with a dead format.

The point is if the 3000 is also available why  will you buy a PSP go? i will also be able to download the same games that you do and play them in a 3000

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

dharh said:
SONY is not going to make as much money from the PSPGO 16GB as many people think. SONY has to give the retailers a larger cut of the sales of each PSPGO. 16GB of internal memory is not a trivial cost either. I'm not saying they aren't going to make more money from each PSPGO 16GB sold than each PSP3k sold, but selling a PSPGO 16GB at say $199 would be stupid for SONY.

Why do you say that?

PSP Go has a smaller screen....

PSP Go will sell a few million (at least in Japan), then Sony will increase the size of internal HD or lower the price.

It (PS3's market share) might hit 30%, but definently not more. ~ Neo

Flaming (Calling another user (any user) a fanboy is flaming.) ~ Machina-AX

radha said:
dharh said:

PSP Go Feartures:

Memory Stick M2

3.8" screen

The point is if the 3000 is also available why  will you buy a PSP go? i will also be able to download the same games that you do and play them in a 3000

like i said before the PSPGo!'s spec's are not final yet and there are other function's that may have been added example:

look at the Mylo 2 that sony put's out. notice how it's very close to what the new PSPGo! look's like without the keyboard of course

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10&storeId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=3711

look at the mylo's specs

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665301420

I AM BOLO

100% lover "nothing else matter's" after that...

ps:

Proud psOne/2/3/p owner.  I survived Aplcalyps3 and all I got was this lousy Signature.