By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CaseyDDR said:
xlost8 said:
After hearing that you can't play your exisiting PSP libraray i.e. UMD games and movies. I totally lost interest in that device. I will stick with my PSP-2000 and hopefully Sony and developers keep releasing titles on UMD's.

You obviously lack the ability to read, they are coming up with a system for ppl to get the files for their already owned UMD games. This is 100% a mute point.

hmmm...your right I didn't read the gaming news or have the time like you have to view or search around for that particular info like you. Just to make it clear to you so you will understand. I watched the conference I didn't read and during Sony conference they didn't mention that. But thanks for letting me know the information that they are doing a system for UMD users. So now I don't have to go search and look around on the net for info or neglect the PSP since you were my source. Two thumbs up for you!

Around the Network
xlost8 said:
CaseyDDR said:
xlost8 said:
After hearing that you can't play your exisiting PSP libraray i.e. UMD games and movies. I totally lost interest in that device. I will stick with my PSP-2000 and hopefully Sony and developers keep releasing titles on UMD's.

You obviously lack the ability to read, they are coming up with a system for ppl to get the files for their already owned UMD games. This is 100% a mute point.

hmmm...your right I didn't read the gaming news or have the time like you have to view or search around for that particular info like you. Just to make it clear to you so you will understand. I watched the conference I didn't read and during Sony conference they didn't mention that. But thanks for letting me know the information that they are doing a system for UMD users. So now I don't have to go search and look around on the net for info or neglect the PSP since you were my source. Two thumbs up for you!

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200906/N09.0610.1239.13414.htm

"[Update] Additionally, Sony intends to make upgrading to the PSP Go more viable for those with large existing UMD collections.

John Koller recently spoke with Gizmondo regarding the burning question, "what will gamers that upgrade to the PSP Go do with their collection of UMDs?"  The answer is apparently that Sony has a good will plan to offer PSP owners to obtain digital copies of their games for ease of use with the PSP Go.

Koller says, "We're in the midst of putting together a good will program. We'll be unveiling that soon [because] we actually think there's a significant group that will be upgrading from the 1000...In the past, we've seen a 20-25% trade-up factor, and I assume that's going to be the case here. We've modeled that. So we're looking at a good-will program—a short term good-will program that would continue for years afterward."

As mentioned before, the availability of digital copies for some third party games may be iffy.  We can only hope that this transfer of physical titles to digital at least encompasses all the good PSP games."

There was a thread on it a while back, but I dunno where it is. Hope this helps!

The system was made specifically with Japan's market in mind. The thing is going to sell like freaking hotcakes across the Pacific.

Even if PSP Go sales only ammount to 33% of all PSP sales, Sony will still be making such a killing that it will completely balance any losses they still are incurring on the PS3 at $399.99.

People are constantly wondering how Sony could possibly issue a $100 price drop for the PS3 this year as their fiscal forcast strongly insinuates and also manage to half their losses. One of the big factors is the PSP Go.

EdStation3 said:

^
The average PSP game on the PSN is about 300-500MB. That's about 25-30games. You can carry about 25-30 games on a PSP Go, but you can't carry around 25-30 UMD games, if you have more games, just swap them between your PC or PS3.

I'm assuming games like God of War and Killzone take up about 1.5-2GBs. Therefore you'd only be able to carry 10-12 games, but hey, most people can't carry 10-12 UMDs on the daily, so what exactly are you complaining about?

i'll be able to hold a max of 30 games when there are over 560 titles currently out on the psp system. That's what i'm complaining about

Nobody will buy one....

The PSP Go is just another nail in the SCE coffin. I'll give it maybe 2 months after launch before it is removed from the store shelves and manufacturing is ceased.

Around the Network
Orca_Azure said:
EdStation3 said:

^
The average PSP game on the PSN is about 300-500MB. That's about 25-30games. You can carry about 25-30 games on a PSP Go, but you can't carry around 25-30 UMD games, if you have more games, just swap them between your PC or PS3.

I'm assuming games like God of War and Killzone take up about 1.5-2GBs. Therefore you'd only be able to carry 10-12 games, but hey, most people can't carry 10-12 UMDs on the daily, so what exactly are you complaining about?

i'll be able to hold a max of 30 games when there are over 560 titles currently out on the psp system. That's what i'm complaining about

Purchases off the PlayStation Store will be tied to your account. If your flash drive on your PSP Go! gets filled up, you can simply delete games you completed or rarely play off your flash drive and since they are tied to your account you can go back and download them again without paying for them.

It's really no different then with memory cards in the good ol' PS1/2 days. If your memory card got filled up, you have to delete data. The only difference now though is instead of permanantly deleting data or being forced to purchase another memory card, you can just delete the game off the system and download it again if you ever feel the need to play.

And honestly, I have difficulty even naming 30 PSP games I'd want to own, much less need to have downloaded on my PSP at all times.

radha said:
Rainbird said:
radha said:
NJ5 said:
Wait, I thought Sony was going to put the whole PSP library available for download?

no, ill find the link to show  you

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/06/10/a-majority-of-back-catalog-psp-games-available-to-download-oct/

"We followed up with Rubenstein today and he told us, "The majority of back catalog PSP games will be made available for download around the launch of the PSPgo." We made sure to ask if he was speaking strictly about first-party titles and he told us he meant "the majority overall.""

------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I do want a PSP Go! and I have every intent of buying one.

1) It's smaller and lighter

2) Comes with the built in memory for downloading games

3) Improved screen (doesn't have the errors of the 3000)source?

4) Better buttons and button placement (opinion)

5) UMD drives have moveable parts and create greater chances of hardware failure

Those are the reasons I will be getting a PSP Go!, and although I do agree that the price is too high, I'm willing to pay that much anyway.

Yes this is the link i  was looking for, the point is it wont have more games that the 3000

why would it ?

Check out my game about moles ^

Seihyouken said:
Orca_Azure said:
EdStation3 said:

^

Purchases off the PlayStation Store will be tied to your account. If your flash drive on your PSP Go! gets filled up, you can simply delete games you completed or rarely play off your flash drive and since they are tied to your account you can go back and download them again without paying for them.

It's really no different then with memory cards in the good ol' PS1/2 days. If your memory card got filled up, you have to delete data. The only difference now though is instead of permanantly deleting data or being forced to purchase another memory card, you can just delete the game off the system and download it again if you ever feel the need to play.

And honestly, I have difficulty even naming 30 PSP games I'd want to own, much less need to have downloaded on my PSP at all times.

This is in fact exactly what I did with FF7.  I downloaded it onto the PS3 to play when im at home and then later downloaded onto my PSP to play when i'm out and about.

Frankly this debate on whether PSP3k owners should upgrade to PSPGO 16GB is moot.  They shouldn't upgrate.  Maybe even PSP2k owners shouldn't upgrade.  I think PSP1k owners should though.  Some will buy the PSP3k (though I wouldn't because of the screen lines), and some will buy the PSPGO 16GB.  New people who've been waiting for a more portable and all DD or UMD-sans PSP can get the PSPGO.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Orca_Azure said:
EdStation3 said:

^

How big are your pockets?  Cause I certainly can't carry 560 UMDs in my pockets, I can't even carry 25-30 games in my pockets.  So already the PSPGO 16GB is more portable.  If you do happen to own 560 games for your PSP it'll be very easy to swap those games in and out from your PC/PS3 when you want.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

radha said:
dharh said:

First.  At least get the specs right.

PSP Go Feartures:

Memory Stick M2

3.8" screen

Second. It's probably not the unit for you.  It's definitely the unit for me though.  The UMD format would have been good IF they had fully supported with a large range of products at launch.  Like mini movie players (like those palmtop dvd players), recordable/re-writable UMD drives for computers, PS3 usable, etc.  As it stands it sucks.  I would much rather just download the game to my computer and put it on the PSP as needed.  With a 16GB M2 stick and the 16GB onboard id have all the games I needed day to day, and when I wanted to I could swap out as needed as well.

The PSPGO 16GB is more portable, less cumbersome, and not stuck with a dead format.

The point is if the 3000 is also available why  will you buy a PSP go? i will also be able to download the same games that you do and play them in a 3000

A lot smaller, it looks cool, more portable than a PSP 3000.