By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Punch Out a UK flop

Watch. 5 mounths from now it'll be at 500k at others alone.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network

Yeah, people were saying this was gonna do as well as other big Ninty games.

Kinda bad sales, considering the hype it had on here.

But hey, its got good reviews all round, thats what matters.

Considering mainstream Europe's taste in games, I'm hardly surprised.

horrible sales all around. I believe if the game wasn't overpriced at $49.99, and instead priced at $29.99, it would be over 500 k already.

I am beginning to wonder if there is either a vast difference in the game taste of Wii players in the UK or a great conspiracy against the console because it is not cutting edge technology.

The game sales numbers have been strange from the UK. And the most vehement criticisms of the system, both in the media and on the forum, seem to original from the British Isles.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
Ari_Gold said:
horrible sales all around. I believe if the game wasn't overpriced at $49.99, and instead priced at $29.99, it would be over 500 k already.

$49.99 is totally fair for this game. You'll get more playtime out of this than you will most PS3/X360 games at $59.99.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
Ari_Gold said:

$49.99 is totally fair for this game. You'll get more playtime out of this than you will most PS3/X360 games at $59.99.

Even with no online? Im not so sure... I mean, 3 hours in I am pretty bored of the single player. Waiting for friends to come over to play some more...but thats not easy when you're in the working world and your gaming freinds work and live 40KM's away.

I am quite suprised at how badly this game has done. It seems only uber casual games and exercise games sell in the UK on Wii.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

disolitude said:
nordlead said:
Ari_Gold said:

Even with no online? Im not so sure... I mean, 3 hours in I am pretty bored of the single player. Waiting for friends to come over to play some more...but thats not easy when you're in the working world and your gaming freinds work and live 40KM's away.

Well, I probably spent over 10 hours on the game already and I haven't completed title defense yet. I easily spent an hour each on Super Macho Man and Mr. Sandman. Which 1 hour is really only 6 tries against them and taking it to the end which I'm sure I did in practice mode. I can find plenty of single player games on any console that cost $50 or more that have equal or less playtime with similar qualtiy of play. Maybe you are just super good at it or it isn't your kind of game.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

nordlead said:
disolitude said:
nordlead said:
Ari_Gold said:

Well, I probably spent over 10 hours on the game already and I haven't completed title defense yet. I easily spent an hour each on Super Macho Man and Mr. Sandman. Which 1 hour is really only 6 tries against them and taking it to the end which I'm sure I did in practice mode. I can find plenty of single player games on any console that cost $50 or more that have equal or less playtime with similar qualtiy of play. Maybe you are just super good at it or it isn't your kind of game.

Are you playing with Wii mote or GC controller?

Like don't get me wrong, the game is great, but it doesn't have the longetivity of Mario Strikers charged due to lack of online IMO.