By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Punch Out a UK flop

@ mike

wii and DS ar eboth considered to be utter shit thats for 3 year olds and grandmas from where i can from

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

Around the Network
disolitude said:
nordlead said:
disolitude said:

Even with no online? Im not so sure... I mean, 3 hours in I am pretty bored of the single player. Waiting for friends to come over to play some more...but thats not easy when you're in the working world and your gaming freinds work and live 40KM's away.

Well, I probably spent over 10 hours on the game already and I haven't completed title defense yet. I easily spent an hour each on Super Macho Man and Mr. Sandman. Which 1 hour is really only 6 tries against them and taking it to the end which I'm sure I did in practice mode. I can find plenty of single player games on any console that cost $50 or more that have equal or less playtime with similar qualtiy of play. Maybe you are just super good at it or it isn't your kind of game.

Are you playing with Wii mote or GC controller?

Wii Remote held sideways.

Most of the contender mode is easy up until the last 2 for me. However, I already went back and beat all of their challenges up to Mr. Sandman and then skipped him and finished at least Title Defense Glass Joe's challenges. I played vs. mode like 3 times and it is ok, but I love the single player.

I haven't beat the game as I got sidetracked with work and helping out the website with E3 posting most of the videos.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Even with Wii legs, I think this game will be a bit of a disappointment for Nintendo in the EU region. NA region looks pretty good so far, though.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Ehm, guys...

Boxing is NOT a big sport here. In the US it's big, so a boxing game is a much easier sell. Madden also doesn't sell in Europe. Fifa doesn't sell in the US.

Still I think it will sell decently, but expecting massive sales for a boxing game in Europe is not realistic.

uk hype has been zero, i ouldnt stand the first games so wont get this

Around the Network
nordlead said:
disolitude said:
nordlead said:
disolitude said:

Even with no online? Im not so sure... I mean, 3 hours in I am pretty bored of the single player. Waiting for friends to come over to play some more...but thats not easy when you're in the working world and your gaming freinds work and live 40KM's away.

Well, I probably spent over 10 hours on the game already and I haven't completed title defense yet. I easily spent an hour each on Super Macho Man and Mr. Sandman. Which 1 hour is really only 6 tries against them and taking it to the end which I'm sure I did in practice mode. I can find plenty of single player games on any console that cost $50 or more that have equal or less playtime with similar qualtiy of play. Maybe you are just super good at it or it isn't your kind of game.

Most of the contender mode is easy up until the last 2 for me. However, I already went back and beat all of their challenges up to Mr. Sandman and then skipped him and finished at least Title Defense Glass Joe's challenges. I played vs. mode like 3 times and it is ok, but I love the single player.

I haven't beat the game as I got sidetracked with work and helping out the website with E3 posting most of the videos.

Yeah, I'll be honest...I only beat the minor, major and world circuit fighters. Didnt really bother much with challenges and have yet to do title defense circuit... I guess I could squeeze more out of the game...

How do you unlock Donkey Kong again?

disolitude said:
nordlead said:
disolitude said:

Yeah, I'll be honest...I only beat the minor, major and world circuit fighters. Didnt really bother much with challenges and have yet to do title defense circuit... I guess I could squeeze more out of the game...

Beat Title Defense mode, and then just play Mac's Last Stand. If you lose 3 times in Mac's Last Stand you'll have to start from scratch, but DK should show up after you win a few rounds and once you play him he is unlocked in practice mode.

EDIT: oh, and Title Defense is half the game, as it is essentially all new characters. Glass Joe actually beat me on TD mode the first time, mostly because I thought he would be easy but his various delayed punches took me out. TD Glass Joe is a peice of cake, but obviously going in thinking he would be easy was a mistake

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy

nordlead said:
disolitude said:
nordlead said:
disolitude said:

Beat Title Defense mode, and then just play Mac's Last Stand. If you lose 3 times in Mac's Last Stand you'll have to start from scratch, but DK should show up after you win a few rounds and once you play him he is unlocked in practice mode.

cool...somthing to left to try.

Wii needs gamer score...while its totally stupid, it really helps when you know you will get 200 pts when you finish the game for some reason.

nordlead said:
disolitude said:
nordlead said:
disolitude said:

EDIT: oh, and Title Defense is half the game, as it is essentially all new characters. Glass Joe actually beat me on TD mode the first time, mostly because I thought he would be easy but his various delayed punches took me out. TD Glass Joe is a peice of cake, but obviously going in thinking he would be easy was a mistake

He beat you only once?  He beat me about ten times.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

tuoyo said:
nordlead said:
disolitude said:

He beat you only once?  He beat me about ten times.

Star punch, jabx5,hook, repeat. He can't even throw a punch if you time it right