By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My ps3 has broken...AGAIN!!!

twesterm said:
Pristine20 said:
Serious_frusting said:
I have never known anyone in the real world to have a defective PS3 and you do have my sympathy. The ps3 is a very high tech piece of equipment and every machine is manufactured at the highest standard possible.

Many PS3 are sold so the is bound to be at least 1 or 2 defective systems. It is unfortunate that you are on of the few people who have come across one of the defective PS3 systems. With such high tech sometimes things are bound to go wrong with it.

I hope you get a fully perfect working one like me and many of my friends have had the pleasure of having

well, my friend's 40gb broke last month too. His was in a weird way though. mine's the standard way of breaking yet I'm still required to pay for repair?

Yeah, here at work two years ago we all got a 40gig PS3 as part of our Christmas bonus.  Of about the 80 given out I believe it was about 8-10 of those broke shortly after the first year.

I really don't know why people think PS3's don't break.

same here. I guess experience is the best teacher.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
twesterm said:
Pristine20 said:
yo_john117 said:

This is not goina be very well accepted.

Damage control will follow shortly.

And you should bitch the living fuck out of Sony so they might fix it for free or something....unlikely, but you never know till you try.  I feel for you....its never fun having broken consoles.

I tried. Dude keeps talking policy, policy, policy...they can't even guarantee I'll get the same console back which is more important than anything else. I've always hated corporations but now...I can't descibe the hatred. Due to the lack of individuality in the process, no one can feel your pain. People just operate robotically.

That's what is scaring me.  At the moment my PS3 is running louder than my old jet engine 360 ever did and it is still having the problem where sometimes it just doesn't want to recognize any of my BlueTooth devices so I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before it breaks.

I can live with the hard drive being wiped, I'll just be angry if I ever send in my PS3 in that has 4USB ports and BC and get one back that has 2 USB ports and no BC.  Shit.  Will.  Hit.  The.  Fan.

LOL in my case if I ever shipped my PS3 off I can only hope to upgrade, it would be amazing to ship off a 40GB no BC PS3 and get back a 60GB I would die laughing for someone else's misfortune while I take the 60GB and play some Kingdom Hearts 2.

Just get a ps2 man, it's pretty cheap.

Saving up for a 1080p computer monitor/tv for my Blu-ray movies and playing HD videos on my PC, I don't really care about HDness par say but I'm a fanboy for The Dark Knight and I've got it on blu-ray but yet to see it on 1080p :P 

And before I buy another PS2 I'm more likely to buy my friends basically brand new 360 for 100 dollars.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Damn, sorry man.

Sony does indeed FUCK up like this sometimes and when they do they feel you should pay for it.

This is where my utter respect for MS Shines bright, they'll fix shit when they break shit. plain and simple.

Be back in action soon man.

sorry to hear that, i hope it turns out well for you.

my orig 60gig broke on me ages ago when vegas 2 was out. stopped reading disks. but my 40gig ive had for 14 months+ its going strong.

i would get onto sony about it and write to them. surely they will help you out.

me personally i think i will opt for the continuous play scheme with sony, in case my ps3 dies on me again

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

twesterm said:
Pristine20 said:
Serious_frusting said:
I have never known anyone in the real world to have a defective PS3 and you do have my sympathy. The ps3 is a very high tech piece of equipment and every machine is manufactured at the highest standard possible.

Many PS3 are sold so the is bound to be at least 1 or 2 defective systems. It is unfortunate that you are on of the few people who have come across one of the defective PS3 systems. With such high tech sometimes things are bound to go wrong with it.

I hope you get a fully perfect working one like me and many of my friends have had the pleasure of having

well, my friend's 40gb broke last month too. His was in a weird way though. mine's the standard way of breaking yet I'm still required to pay for repair?

Yeah, here at work two years ago we all got a 40gig PS3 as part of our Christmas bonus.  Of about the 80 given out I believe it was about 8-10 of those broke shortly after the first year.

I really don't know why people think PS3's don't break.

Wow thats a pretty decent sample size. ~10% failure rate in the first year. From statistics one could probably argue that in the population the failure rate could be 6-14% in the first year or something like that. Statistics is NOT my strong point, but its based off one of the concepts about margins of error for small samples.

Tease.

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Pristine20 said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
twesterm said:
Pristine20 said:
yo_john117 said:

This is not goina be very well accepted.

Damage control will follow shortly.

And you should bitch the living fuck out of Sony so they might fix it for free or something....unlikely, but you never know till you try.  I feel for you....its never fun having broken consoles.

I tried. Dude keeps talking policy, policy, policy...they can't even guarantee I'll get the same console back which is more important than anything else. I've always hated corporations but now...I can't descibe the hatred. Due to the lack of individuality in the process, no one can feel your pain. People just operate robotically.

That's what is scaring me.  At the moment my PS3 is running louder than my old jet engine 360 ever did and it is still having the problem where sometimes it just doesn't want to recognize any of my BlueTooth devices so I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before it breaks.

I can live with the hard drive being wiped, I'll just be angry if I ever send in my PS3 in that has 4USB ports and BC and get one back that has 2 USB ports and no BC.  Shit.  Will.  Hit.  The.  Fan.

LOL in my case if I ever shipped my PS3 off I can only hope to upgrade, it would be amazing to ship off a 40GB no BC PS3 and get back a 60GB I would die laughing for someone else's misfortune while I take the 60GB and play some Kingdom Hearts 2.

Just get a ps2 man, it's pretty cheap.

But there's no room in my entertainment center for my PS2.  ;_;

That's why I like my 80gig PS3 so much, I don't really care about the hard drive, I spent the extra money for the BC.

that was the very same reason I considered the 60gb the best of all consoles on the market....BC. It's pointless now that I'm playing the old ps2 again and the ps2 game I really want to play is stuck in the ps3. Even if it wasn't, I can't continue from where I stopped anyway.

All this pales in comparison to the real mega-bummer: my 17 days of kz2 online. If I lost that, I'm not sure I'll be willing to get another ps3. Here's to hoping these guys can actually fix it if only long enough for me to recover my data. If not for copy-protected saves, I won't have this issue.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:

Damn, sorry man.

Sony does indeed FUCK up like this sometimes and when they do they feel you should pay for it.

This is where my utter respect for MS Shines bright, they'll fix shit when they break shit. plain and simple.

Be back in action soon man.

Thanks man. Same goes to all who've wished me well lol.

Hey Pristine you can back up your HDD IIRC, and use the memory card reader to write the saved games back into the PS2 memory card.

Tease.

Skeeuk said:

sorry to hear that, i hope it turns out well for you.

my orig 60gig broke on me ages ago when vegas 2 was out. stopped reading disks. but my 40gig ive had for 14 months+ its going strong.

i would get onto sony about it and write to them. surely they will help you out.

me personally i think i will opt for the continuous play scheme with sony, in case my ps3 dies on me again

whats the "continuous play scheme"? some kind of warranty system?

wow sorry to hear that it must be a pain going through 2 consoles. I have not even broken my 360 twice yet. and when it broke I hated MS for like 3 months. How come you had to pay both times does it not come with a 3 year warranty when you buy?