By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My ps3 has broken...AGAIN!!!

I have never known anyone in the real world to have a defective PS3 and you do have my sympathy. The ps3 is a very high tech piece of equipment and every machine is manufactured at the highest standard possible.

Many PS3 are sold so the is bound to be at least 1 or 2 defective systems. It is unfortunate that you are on of the few people who have come across one of the defective PS3 systems. With such high tech sometimes things are bound to go wrong with it.

I hope you get a fully perfect working one like me and many of my friends have had the pleasure of having

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

Around the Network
twesterm said:
Pristine20 said:
yo_john117 said:

This is not goina be very well accepted.

Damage control will follow shortly.

And you should bitch the living fuck out of Sony so they might fix it for free or something....unlikely, but you never know till you try.  I feel for you....its never fun having broken consoles.

I tried. Dude keeps talking policy, policy, policy...they can't even guarantee I'll get the same console back which is more important than anything else. I've always hated corporations but now...I can't descibe the hatred. Due to the lack of individuality in the process, no one can feel your pain. People just operate robotically.

That's what is scaring me.  At the moment my PS3 is running louder than my old jet engine 360 ever did and it is still having the problem where sometimes it just doesn't want to recognize any of my BlueTooth devices so I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before it breaks.

I can live with the hard drive being wiped, I'll just be angry if I ever send in my PS3 in that has 4USB ports and BC and get one back that has 2 USB ports and no BC.  Shit.  Will.  Hit.  The.  Fan.

LOL in my case if I ever shipped my PS3 off I can only hope to upgrade, it would be amazing to ship off a 40GB no BC PS3 and get back a 60GB I would die laughing for someone else's misfortune while I take the 60GB and play some Kingdom Hearts 2.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Username2324 said:
Pristine20 said:

It's been only 8 months after sony sent me their refurbished console and now I have to go through the pocess again and they tell me I have to pay $149 again. The first time they told me I was one of the few unlucky ones, now they're saying the same thing again and I can't believe it. The 60gb is defective...nuff said. I've had the same exact problem: green light---turns yellow---flashes red twice now and I won't be paying for another cosmetic work.

If anyone knows alternate repair centers that can help me out (one in Philadelphia that I can visit especially), please let me know. The most important thing now is my data. I just can't start my kz2 profile all over again. I just want this ps3 repaired long enough for me to back up my data then I'll buy one of the new ones and take a 3 year store replacement warranty this time.

The funniest part of the story is that my ps1 never broke...I threw it away and my ps2 still works. Now my devil summoner 2 disc is stuck in the ps3 and I can't play even play that on my ps2 either. So much for the great "suck-disc" technology. It's almost like consoles are now engineered to fail and we're expected to take it as what it is.

To my fellow VGCz KZ2 clan members, looks like I'll be out for a while. Hopefully not too long. My respect for sony just droppped to zero. If not for kz2, I wont even repurchase a ps3. At least with RRoD, you get 3 years of warranty service. Sony won't admit they have problems.

I can almost gaurantee with 99% certaintity that the failure is due to you having the console in a poorly ventilated space without regularly cleaning the dust off/out of the console. Of course you'll deny that and try to blame it on Sony.

Or Sony could at least be like every other company and cover your repair for one year after they ship it back.  It's not like Pristine is here to bash the PS3 or Sony, he has a real issue and is pissed off that it happened twice and he's not even covered.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Im sorry. My PS3 was fixed for free twice after warranty. My suspicion is that the PS3 design is a dust trap so keep your PS3 away from dusty environments and make sure you're not lazy and vaccuum around the area where the PS3 is.

Pristine, I tried to kill my Xbox 360 and it just wouldn't die!!! Such is my bad luck. Also killed my graphics card with a booger when I sneezed.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
Im sorry. My PS3 was fixed for free twice after warranty. My suspicion is that the PS3 design is a dust trap so keep your PS3 away from dusty environments and make sure you're not lazy and vaccuum around the area where the PS3 is.

Pristine, I tried to kill my Xbox 360 and it just wouldn't die!!! Such is my bad luck. Also killed my graphics card with a booger when I sneezed.

Haha.

Wow, that's more destructive than swine flu

Around the Network

I was scared that my 60GB PS3 will break down so I sold it and bought a new 80GB PS3. Took out my PS2 from the closet and set it up next to my PS3. No need for BC on my PS3 now.

sorry for your loss and hope everything turns out good for u. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Username2324 said:
Pristine20 said:

It's been only 8 months after sony sent me their refurbished console and now I have to go through the pocess again and they tell me I have to pay $149 again. The first time they told me I was one of the few unlucky ones, now they're saying the same thing again and I can't believe it. The 60gb is defective...nuff said. I've had the same exact problem: green light---turns yellow---flashes red twice now and I won't be paying for another cosmetic work.

If anyone knows alternate repair centers that can help me out (one in Philadelphia that I can visit especially), please let me know. The most important thing now is my data. I just can't start my kz2 profile all over again. I just want this ps3 repaired long enough for me to back up my data then I'll buy one of the new ones and take a 3 year store replacement warranty this time.

The funniest part of the story is that my ps1 never broke...I threw it away and my ps2 still works. Now my devil summoner 2 disc is stuck in the ps3 and I can't play even play that on my ps2 either. So much for the great "suck-disc" technology. It's almost like consoles are now engineered to fail and we're expected to take it as what it is.

To my fellow VGCz KZ2 clan members, looks like I'll be out for a while. Hopefully not too long. My respect for sony just droppped to zero. If not for kz2, I wont even repurchase a ps3. At least with RRoD, you get 3 years of warranty service. Sony won't admit they have problems.

I can almost gaurantee with 99% certaintity that the failure is due to you having the console in a poorly ventilated space without regularly cleaning the dust off/out of the console. Of course you'll deny that and try to blame it on Sony.

You know, I was just about to write how happy I was that everyone was being supportive of the GAMER and not the FACELESS CORPORATION, and then I saw this.  Thanks, I knew someone would say this, the only uncertainty was who and when.

I am on my second 60 GB PS3.  When the first one died, the drive just stopped reading ANYTHING.  All other functions were usable.  Well, I went on the Sony US forums and posted for help.  I was immediately labled a stealth X-Bot and a troll.  Nobody even offered to help.  Hell, nobody offered me anything except accusations.  My PS3 was barely (1 month) out of Warranty, but SONY would do nothing.  I eventually tracked down one of the last few 60's in the region, bought it, and sold the other one on E-bay as a broken unit.

If this one breaks, then I am done with Sony.  Screw them.  "Sony" used to mean quality, but my Sony RDR-GX7 DVD-R unit failed due to optics as well.  Before some Sony warrior comes in here and tells me it's my fault here are a list of consoles I have used and their current status.

Atari 2600 - bought in 1982 - STILL WORKING

ATARI 5200 - bought in 1984 - STILL WORKING

NES - bought in 1986 - STILL WORKING

GENESIS - bought in 1989 - STILL WORKING

SNES - bought in 1991 - STILL WORKING

N64 -bought in 1998 - STILL WORKING

PS2 - bought in 2001 - STILL WORKING

PS3 - bought in 2006 - REPLACED in 2007

Wii - bought in 2009 - STILL WORKING

I assure you, it is not a case of user error.

That really sucks. I have a 60GB model and the worst that's happened to me is freezing during AC which was just a problem with the PS3 version in general, and freezing while I try to use the PS3's browser. Hearing all these stories about the 60GB model does scare me a bit though, I hope mine doesn't die... =(

Mirson said:
Pristine20 said:
Xxain said:
pristine how is ur playing habits???...i ask because i notice you play KZ2 like 24/7 or pretty close to that, that would definitely contribute to overheat features

I play a lot. Always did. played ps2 a lot, ps1 a lot....nothing broke. I just tuned on my ps3 to play devil summoner 2 and it went off after 5 mins and never came back on.

Sega genesis had overheating issues but c'mon this is 2009...we still have this problem? The console isn't hot...the problem is that it thinks that it's hot when it's not. Overengineering perhaps?

Damn, that sucks dude; my condolences. Funny, my PS3 died a few minutes after playing Devil Summoner 2.

Talk about bad luck....perhaps the game really summons the devil lol. How did yours break? I know you've been having problems. Mine froze once in a while but I thought it was just teh power of teh killzone lol till today....

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler