By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My ps3 has broken...AGAIN!!!

Xxain said:
twesterm said:
Xxain said:
twesterm said:

That's what is scaring me.  At the moment my PS3 is running louder than my old jet engine 360 ever did and it is still having the problem where sometimes it just doesn't want to recognize any of my BlueTooth devices so I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before it breaks.

you are backing up your data right??....if your PS3 does break you'll only have yourself to blame if you lose everything

What will I lose?  I don't really have KZ2 stats or any other multiplayer stats and don't have anything on my hard drive except save games, Megaman 9, and SFIITurbo.

Will I lose trophy data?

okkkkkkkkkk we get it twestern>_<*sigh*...but to answer your question No trophies are linked to your account not hardrive

Do you think I'm trying to take a jab at my PS3?  I'm not, I'm just saying I don't know what I would lose.  I don't really store anything on my PS3 except game saves and game data so I wasn't sure what I was in a huge risk for losing.

I figured I'd lose saves but I can live with that, I just wasn't sure what I would lose that is so important.

Around the Network

looks like I'll be play good ol' parasite eve 2 for the 26th time with my good ol' ps2 for now. It's not that bad lol.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

^ LOL

Pristine20 said:
looks like I'll be play good ol' parasite eve 2 for the 26th time with my good ol' ps2 for now. It's not that bad lol.

How long did PlayNTrade tell you the wait would be for the PS3?

twesterm said:
Xxain said:
twesterm said:
Xxain said:
twesterm said:

That's what is scaring me.  At the moment my PS3 is running louder than my old jet engine 360 ever did and it is still having the problem where sometimes it just doesn't want to recognize any of my BlueTooth devices so I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before it breaks.

you are backing up your data right??....if your PS3 does break you'll only have yourself to blame if you lose everything

What will I lose?  I don't really have KZ2 stats or any other multiplayer stats and don't have anything on my hard drive except save games, Megaman 9, and SFIITurbo.

Will I lose trophy data?

okkkkkkkkkk we get it twestern>_<*sigh*...but to answer your question No trophies are linked to your account not hardrive

Do you think I'm trying to take a jab at my PS3?  I'm not, I'm just saying I don't know what I would lose.  I don't really store anything on my PS3 except game saves and game data so I wasn't sure what I was in a huge risk for losing.

I figured I'd lose saves but I can live with that, I just wasn't sure what I would lose that is so important.

Twesterm you always make me laugh, Pristine as the sony leader I will have a word with the sony board I will make sure that Sony does not charge you

<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/gears2goty/omar7700.swf" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

Around the Network
megaman.2. said:
twesterm said:
Xxain said:
twesterm said:
Xxain said:
twesterm said:

Will I lose trophy data?

Twesterm you always make me laugh, Pristine as the sony leader I will have a word with the sony board I will make sure that Sony does not charge you

Well there we have it, Megaman is on the case and has guaranteed you won't even have to pay

PSN: Gippon

How exactly do I go on backing up my saved data?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Pristine20 said:

How long did PlayNTrade tell you the wait would be for the PS3?

i just talked to them on the phone. they said I'll have to come in to get a diagnosis before they decide on pricing and whether they can even fix. I'm guessing they can because the system isn't broken as in fallen apart. I've seen videos on how to do this fix on youtube but I'm not that tecnically inclined.

i can't visit them today but first I'll do that first thing tomorrow

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

outlawauron said:
How exactly do I go on backing up my saved data?

You can copy some game saves manually if you have a usb flashdrive (to do this press triangle on the save and select copy). For the copy protected ones, you have to use the back up utility under system settings.