By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - My ps3 has broken...AGAIN!!!

Squilliam said:
Hey Pristine you can back up your HDD IIRC, and use the memory card reader to write the saved games back into the PS2 memory card.

I can't do that now that the system won't turn on. I just got devil summoner 2 about 3 weeks ago so I haven't backed up yet unfortunately. I stupidly do it after completing my ps2 games.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
perpride said:

wow sorry to hear that it must be a pain going through 2 consoles. I have not even broken my 360 twice yet. and when it broke I hated MS for like 3 months. How come you had to pay both times does it not come with a 3 year warranty when you buy?

Nope, it comes with 1 miserable year warranty which is why I appreciated M$ for the first time ever. The store offered to extend it to three years for $50-$100(can't remember) but I refused saying that sony stuff doesn't break...just like some of the guys on here ironically lol.

The worst part is that the refurb only came with a 90-day warranty...it's like they're not even sure of their own workmanship. And nobody could help, they're sorry but I still have to pay $150 again to play for 90 days...wow

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

;_; do you have a friend with a PS3 you could use your HDD in? ;_;

Tease.

Squilliam said:

Unfortunately you can't do that.  PS3 HDDs are encrypted and tied to the PS3's ID.  So if you put it in a different PS3, it won't read the HDD, and will ask you to reformat.

bobobologna said:
Squilliam said:

Unfortunately you can't do that.  PS3 HDDs are encrypted and tied to the PS3's ID.  So if you put it in a different PS3, it won't read the HDD, and will ask you to reformat.

Bad Sony!

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
bobobologna said:
Squilliam said:

Bad Sony!

Yea, as much as I like my PS3, I have to admit that there are some things that Microsoft and the XBox360 handle better.  I hate the huge markup Microsoft charges for their HDDs, but I do admire that the HDD isn't tied to a single XBox360.

bobobologna said:
Squilliam said:
bobobologna said:
Squilliam said:

Bad Sony!

Yea, as much as I like my PS3, I have to admit that there are some things that Microsoft and the XBox360 handle better.  I hate the huge markup Microsoft charges for their HDDs, but I do admire that the HDD isn't tied to a single XBox360.

same here man, these things make you appreciate whats on the other side of the fence.

Damn that sucks dude especially since you put your trust in Sony as a company and their product breaks on you.

Hopefully you will get your PS3 fixed soon.

Do you clean your PS3?