By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 Vs Forza 3 . Battle of the Metacritic

dsister44 said:
@outlawauron

what are they going to do ban us

I'm just saying that they won't ban you for bets.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

Its goina be so close.  i'm goina wager forza 3 will just slightly outdo GT.

Also at all you PS3 fans saying how websites are giving biased reviews to metecritic (which i agree they are) forgot that there are 2 sides to that coin, and the 360 suffers from that problem.

Every game on metacritic has the fanboys that rate oppossing games way to low, and the fanboys that rate it too high.  So in the end it all equals out, and to say otherwise is retarded imo.

Cant we have a requested week ban though?
And the other 2 guys can join in if they like...

nojustno said:
Cmon people, ARGUMENTS! Why do you think GT5/F3 will score higher?

I think that's pretty obvious.

XBox Fanboys - Forza 3 is going to be better because it's on the XBox360.

Sony Fanboys - GT5 is going to be better because it's on the PS3.

yo_john117 said:

Also at all you PS3 fans saying how websites are giving biased reviews to metecritic (which i agree they are) forgot that there are 2 sides to that coin, and the 360 suffers from that problem.

Every game on metacritic has the fanboys that rate oppossing games way to low, and the fanboys that rate it too high.  So in the end it all equals out, and to say otherwise is retarded imo.

Everything in your post made perfect sense untill the bolded part. How exactly does it equal out? It does not equal out at all. Your entire explanation is great. But it doesn't show that it equals out. It shows that it is unreliable and worth nothing.

Around the Network
perpride said:
yo_john117 said:

Everything in your post made perfect sense untill the bolded part. How exactly does it equal out? It does not equal out at all. Your entire explanation is great. But it doesn't show that it equals out. It shows that it is unreliable and worth nothing.

Actually its extremely simple.  you have on one end, reviewers that rate a game higher than it should be.  And on the other hand reviewers that rate the game lower than it should be.  So using simple math you can come to the conclusion that taking the too high and the too low you would get mostly fair results because the highs and lows would basically cancel each other out.  Now i know there are exceptions and such, but for the most part most reviews on metacritic are actually fair (especially when you take into consideration that 70 is average)

GT is superior, PD does something they do it right. Not like the fake bs damage Forza has.

PD has a better understanding of automotive stuff, though its game nerds that review these things not car nuts.

twingo said:
GT is superior, PD does something they do it right. Not like the fake bs damage Forza has.

PD has a better understanding of automotive stuff, though its game nerds that review these things not car nuts.

You seem awfully sure, why not join the bet?

twingo said:

Blind faith....it's such a beautiful thing.

Carl2291 said:
Cant we have a requested week ban though?
And the other 2 guys can join in if they like...

thats what i was thinking. seeing as how that is Nordleads favorite button.