By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Team Ninja? Really?!?!?

I welcome the change. I always wanted a new 2D/Thirdp-person Metroid, and it's not like Nintendo will let Team Ninja do whatever the hell they want with Metroid. It's a collaboration like many people already said.

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

I understand the concern. But I also feel that after three Prime games, the franchise needs to change gears. Sakamoto has made assurances that the action will be broken up with periods of exploration and adventure, just like the series has always alternated action and adventure.

I don't think it will be able to surpass Prime in my heart, but the fresh direction was needed, and I'm sure the game will be very fun in any case.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

why?

if anythign id prefer nintendo to make one like the old days

but prime is done played out, now for something new

i embrace nintendo taking risks

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Samus Aran said:
Super Metroid was boring really :)
Atleast if you play it after metroid prime. It's just nostalgia...

I wouldn't mind a 2d metroid though, as long as it's not on the wii.

Here you come again, trying to play your filthy tricks.

If it was just nostalgia, people wouldn't still love it to death after replaying it. No, Super Metroid is a game that has truly stood the test of time. Once again, I'm going to have to ask you to relinquish your username, please.

I just didn't had fun with it...  If I played this game when it just came out, I would have probably liked it, but I didn't now. Clearly it didn't stood the test of time for me, but it did for you. It's no filthy trick, but just an opinion. What you're doing is a filthy trick, stating that your opinion is the truth, which it clearly isn't. I see people complaining all the time about the prime series and saying that 2d Metroid is better... Even though Metroid prime is the highest rated Metroid and it sold the most. Atleast I'm adult enough not to attack this people because it's their opinion. Please, grow up, please...

Super Metroid just looked extremely ugly on my tv and the controls were almost unplayable.

Anyway, I'm not going to change my name because I liked the prime series and Metroid: Zero mission.

I like Metroid because it gives me that WOW feeling when I see the world, I got that and still get that from Metroid prime, but I didn't get that feeling when I was playing Super Metroid.

Samus Aran said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Samus Aran said:

If it was just nostalgia, people wouldn't still love it to death after replaying it. No, Super Metroid is a game that has truly stood the test of time. Once again, I'm going to have to ask you to relinquish your username, please.

I just didn't had fun with it...  If I played this game when it just came out, I would have probably liked it, but I didn't now. Clearly it didn't stood the test of time for me, but it did for you. It's no filthy trick, but just an opinion. What you're doing is a filthy trick, stating that your opinion is the truth, which it clearly isn't. I see people complaining all the time about the prime series and saying that 2d Metroid is better... Even though Metroid prime is the highest rated Metroid and it sold the most. Atleast I'm adult enough not to attack this people because it's their opinion. Please, grow up, please...

Super Metroid just looked extremely ugly on my tv and the controls were almost unplayable.

Anyway, I'm not going to change my name because I liked the prime series and Metroid: Zero mission.

I like Metroid because it gives me that WOW feeling when I see the world, I got that and still get that from Metroid prime, but I didn't get that feeling when I was playing Super Metroid.

Well I can't say that I agree with your reasoning but it's somewhat nice to see I'm not the only person who dislikes Super Metroid.

Around the Network
Naum said:
I think they will do a great job, they do after all have Nintendo looking over their shoulders.

This. 

Samus Aran said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Samus Aran said:

You're trying your best to make me your sworn enemy, aren't you, Samus?

I'm excited actually, I think this was the best announcement of the show. Metroid, while great, was growing stale in the FPA genre.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I would've been concerned except Sakamoto who was heavily involved with Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero mission is over seeing it along with other people from Nintendo. Otherwise I would fear it's just a Metroid skinned Ninja Gaiden. But with Sakamoto there I'm sure it will come out as an actual metroid, so I'm intrigued to see how it comes out.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

The_vagabond7 said:
I would've been concerned except Sakamoto who was heavily involved with Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero mission is over seeing it along with other people from Nintendo. Otherwise I would fear it's just a Metroid skinned Ninja Gaiden. But with Sakamoto there I'm sure it will come out as an actual metroid, so I'm intrigued to see how it comes out.

Its not even oversight, its direct cooperation: a partnership. At least, that's the impression i got from the 1up interview

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.