By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Team Ninja? Really?!?!?

Hey everybody, please tell me. Based off of the trailer how did the addition of team ninja into the development process "ruin" the game as you are making it believed to be so?

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
novasonic said:
bitch bitch bitch nintendo never tries anything new.
bitch bitch bitch why did nintendo try something new.

Team Ninja isnt nintendo....

if nintendo want to do something new. (which Metroid doesnt need to change anyways) , then they should do it themselves.

The 1up interview made clear that Nintendo were doing the bulk of the design and gameplay and using Team Ninja's help for the technical side: 3D, cinematics, etc. Which is ideal, since Nintendo are about games not technology but Metroid benefits more than many other Nintendo franchises from getting the most out of the Wii hardware.

@ PullusPardus

with what team? unless you give it back to rare the other teams all have other projects to do

nintendo fanboy, but the good kind

proud soldier of nintopia

woopah said:
@ PullusPardus

with what team? unless you give it back to rare the other teams all have other projects to do

There is a team available, and is making it. Also I'm guessing this was a mistake, and you really don't believe this, but it is "retro" not "rare".

I actually think it's just fascinating that a 2D side scroller, to a 3D FPS, to a TPS. it sounds like an expirment of sorts,yeah, but have any of the games failed yet? Nintendo knows what it's doing, in almost every aspect. Nintendo wanted a certain style fir the new Metroid, the Ninja Gaiden style, so they called team ninja and started talking. Nintendo was satisfied, and I probably will be too.

Around the Network

Soleron is correct, the Metroid team decided to bring Metroid to the Wii and then realised they didn't have the know-how to make a 3D game.

vess13 said:
I actually think it's just fascinating that a 2D side scroller, to a 3D FPS, to a TPS. it sounds like an expirment of sorts,yeah, but have any of the games failed yet? Nintendo knows what it's doing, in almost every aspect. Nintendo wanted a certain style fir the new Metroid, the Ninja Gaiden style, so they called team ninja and started talking. Nintendo was satisfied, and I probably will be too.

Actually a more accurate description would be a 2D Side Scrolling Action-Adventure, to a FIrst Person Action Adventure, to a 2.5d/3d Third Person Action Adventure. The term 'shooter' describes a linear Action Game with shooting as the focused game play. Examples are contra for 2d, and halo for 3d. Metroids gameplay foucuses on adventuring, and weapon upgrades along with puzzles similar to Zelda. That is what  defines it's genre. The perspective doesn't determine a genre.

^sorry for not going more into detail and stuff, I was trying to focus on why team ninja isn't a bad choice

TWRoO said:
tuoyo said:
TWRoO said:
tuoyo said:
Well I think people were not too happy when Sega were given F Zero on Gamecube but that turned out to be an absolutely amazing game. Far far far far far far far better than the Nintendo made Gamecube racing games (Wave Race and Mario Kart).

I think this will work out well.

You have officially failed.... yeah that's right, my opinion is better than yours

1. F-Zero X
2. MKWii
3. Wave Race: Blue Storm

4. F-Zero GX
5. Mario Kart DD

6. Mario Kart 64
7. F-Zero

The gaps indicate a gap, or indeed a chasm of quality... so although I believe FZGX is above MKDD it is not by much.
(I haven't played other MK/F-Zero or Wave Race games so I left them out)

You are very right.  I have only played 5 of those games and it goes like this:

F Zero X > MK Wii >> Wave Race Blue Storm >>>> F-Zero GX >> MK:DD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> MK64 >> F-Zero

Hey, you can't agree with me if you haven't even played F-Zero X.

Nor can you disagree, but if you had... I would have challenged you to a Mario Kart Wii race.

I don't think we are in the same class in Mario Kart Wii.  If you were a match for me you wouldn't be hiding away from the GPs.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

rocketpig said:
It's like Michael Bay remaking Star Wars.

Again, it pains me.

HOW dare you!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey