By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Team Ninja? Really?!?!?

Will this Metroid be focusing too much on combat and little on exploration?...since it´s Team Ninja we´re talking about...and it´d kill the "soul" of the series.

Around the Network
JGarret said:
Will this Metroid be focusing too much on combat and little on exploration?...since it´s Team Ninja we´re talking about...and it´d kill the "soul" of the series.

No one knows yet obviously. In an interview they did say they were gonna keep that. I could care less. Enough exploration Metroids I could care elss for the "soul"

M:OM is the Metroid game of my dreams. I cant wait.

JGarret said:

Sakamoto has said that they will be retaining the exploration elements because they do not want to get away from what Metroid is: it's just that the combat that is there will be much more frenetic and intense, to my understanding.

Keep in mind, this isn't just Team Ninja, it's Team Ninja under Nintendo's direction. Nintendo has a proven track record of taking talented but largely directionless developers (Retro Studios, Silicon Knights) and having them do great things.

I hope so, Khuutra...btw, who´s this Sakamoto?

JGarret said:

I hope so, Khuutra...btw, who´s this Sakamoto?

He co-created Metroid with Gunpei Yokoi.

He was the director of the original Metroid, Super Metroid, Fusion, and Zero Mission. He was the supervisor for the first two Metroid Primes.

Around the Network

They said the exploration would be equivalent to Fusion. Fusion was the third most linear metroid game imo. It was directed by a story, and you were restricted to certain areas during a part of the game, but each area had the adventuring and exploration elements. It also had less backtracking. So it's fine. Good balance between adventuring and action.

@Khuutra:And the third prime game sucked. still a good game, but compared to the other metroids... It was more a fps then a fpa.

So, I have no doubts for this game if he's behind it. It will be good :) Looks a lot of fun as well. My only wish for the game is that it's an open world like metroid prime games.

Samus Aran said:

@Khuutra:And the third prime game sucked. still a good game, but compared to the other metroids... It was more a fps then a fpa.

So, I have no doubts for this game if he's behind it. It will be good :) Looks a lot of fun as well. My only wish for the game is that it's an open world like metroid prime games.

Not really. It is much closer to the primes than say, hunter which was a pure fps imo.

Damn Nintendo can't do shit right it seems...release 6 casuals within one year... buuu damn you Nintendo for abandoning us. relase 6 hardcore games within one year.. buuhu damn you Nintendo for not releasing a new Zelda.... release that and... buuuhuu Nintendo for not releasing Star Fox, F-Zero, Donkey kong, Sim City, damn you for only releasing a new Golden Sun... damn you for not releasing a new Metroid.. damn yoyu for releasing... etc etc etc.

I just realised one thing... 90% of the ones complaining about Nintendo for not releasing the game that they want are MS and Sony fanboys...

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints