By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Team Ninja? Really?!?!?

d21lewis said:
Samus Aran said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Samus Aran said:
Super Metroid was boring really :)
Atleast if you play it after metroid prime. It's just nostalgia...

I wouldn't mind a 2d metroid though, as long as it's not on the wii.

Here you come again, trying to play your filthy tricks.

If it was just nostalgia, people wouldn't still love it to death after replaying it. No, Super Metroid is a game that has truly stood the test of time. Once again, I'm going to have to ask you to relinquish your username, please.

I just didn't had fun with it...  If I played this game when it just came out, I would have probably liked it, but I didn't now. Clearly it didn't stood the test of time for me, but it did for you. It's no filthy trick, but just an opinion. What you're doing is a filthy trick, stating that your opinion is the truth, which it clearly isn't. I see people complaining all the time about the prime series and saying that 2d Metroid is better... Even though Metroid prime is the highest rated Metroid and it sold the most. Atleast I'm adult enough not to attack this people because it's their opinion. Please, grow up, please...

Super Metroid just looked extremely ugly on my tv and the controls were almost unplayable.

Anyway, I'm not going to change my name because I liked the prime series and Metroid: Zero mission.

I like Metroid because it gives me that WOW feeling when I see the world, I got that and still get that from Metroid prime, but I didn't get that feeling when I was playing Super Metroid.

You're trying your best to make me your sworn enemy, aren't you, Samus?

I know you don't see a lot of logic on the internet, but get used to me using it. I can be some what rude to people, but I've been behaving myself here on this board so far :P

Around the Network

Rocketpig, the director for the game is the same guy who co-directed the first game, directed Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, and Zero Mission, and was the primary supervisor for the first two Prime games. Sakamoto co-created the franchise with Yokoi.

The game is in very good hands.

(also you are giving me flashbacks to people decrying Metroid Prime as the death of the franchise - "Who the hell is Retro Studios!? Metroid is just goign to be another shooter SLKAJHLAJALKJH")

The thing is, it isn't Team Ninja, it's "Project M", which is Sakamoto and a lot of his crew (who worked on a pretty much every 2D Metroid) plus Team Ninja, plus some other studio to do the movies--all in all, around 100 people working on the project.

Sakamoto said he picked Team Ninja himself after conferencing with various studios, trying to decide who could best help him bring his vision for this new Metroid to life (after realizing he did not have enough manpower to do so), and selected Team Ninja on the basis of these preliminary discussions, not their reputation.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

I mean it's not like Itagaki is the head of the project. Sakamoto and the 2-D Metroid team basically have the Team Ninja grunts in a choke collar.

People said the same thing when Retro was making Prime. And they had more cause, as Retro had no track record to speak of.

And of course, for a year it's been looking like Retro themselves didn't want to make another Metroid game.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Samus Aran said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Samus Aran said:
Super Metroid was boring really :)
Atleast if you play it after metroid prime. It's just nostalgia...

I wouldn't mind a 2d metroid though, as long as it's not on the wii.

Here you come again, trying to play your filthy tricks.

If it was just nostalgia, people wouldn't still love it to death after replaying it. No, Super Metroid is a game that has truly stood the test of time. Once again, I'm going to have to ask you to relinquish your username, please.

I just didn't had fun with it...  If I played this game when it just came out, I would have probably liked it, but I didn't now. Clearly it didn't stood the test of time for me, but it did for you. It's no filthy trick, but just an opinion. What you're doing is a filthy trick, stating that your opinion is the truth, which it clearly isn't. I see people complaining all the time about the prime series and saying that 2d Metroid is better... Even though Metroid prime is the highest rated Metroid and it sold the most. Atleast I'm adult enough not to attack this people because it's their opinion. Please, grow up, please...

Super Metroid just looked extremely ugly on my tv and the controls were almost unplayable.

Anyway, I'm not going to change my name because I liked the prime series and Metroid: Zero mission.

I like Metroid because it gives me that WOW feeling when I see the world, I got that and still get that from Metroid prime, but I didn't get that feeling when I was playing Super Metroid.

You're trying your best to make me your sworn enemy, aren't you, Samus?

Depends. Is your name Ridley or Mother brain?

rocketpig said:
It's like Michael Bay remaking Star Wars.

Again, it pains me.

So you're saying there would be no difference.

And to the User named Samus Aran hating on Super Metroid.  I am convinced is just the Dark evil samus who is grumpy because she keeps getting killed by the real Samus.

I'm not hating it as I can't give a fair opinion on it. If I could play it when it just came out, who knows if I would have liked it then. Guess, I'm too much of a 3d fan. I love 2d marios a lot though and ssbb as well.

rocketpig said:
The people who make Ninja Gaiden creating a Metroid game hurts my grey matter.

It's akin to making Epic create the next Team ICO game. It makes sense to only those who value money, hookers, blow, and all the comes with it.

You do know Nintendo is also working on it?

Samus Aran said:
I'm not hating it as I can't give a fair opinion on it. If I could play it when it just came out, who knows if I would have liked it then. Guess, I'm too much of a 3d fan. I love 2d marios a lot though and ssbb as well.

Ah I´m the exact oppisite. I´m mostly into 2d, if it´s 3d then I want an overview perspective like in Super Mario Galaxy. I agree with you about 2d Mario´s though, they rock, which is why I look forward to New Super Mario Bros Wii