By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Team Ninja? Really?!?!?

Nintendo honestly could use a team like Team Ninja. Nice graphics, great action, and honestly what's wrong with sex appeal in a game?

The Metroid Prime games were great, but really dry and weren't really big hits.

I hope Other M is a hit and Team Ninja becomes a full time Nintendo studio.

The analogy I would use is Team Ninja working on Metroid is like getting J.J. Abrams and a younger cast to reboot Star Trek with. 

Around the Network

You 2d metroid guys should be happy for this game because the team that made the 2d metroids are also making this game together with Team Ninja ofcourse.

^But lets hope the writing isn't crap this time which it was in the new trek.

Ryudo said:

^But lets hope the writing isn't crap this time

What writing? Zero Mission and Super Metroid had like 2 paragraphs of script between them. Fusion is a different story; the writing wasn't great but it was passable and effectively propelled the narrative forward, especially considering the story traditionally has a sub backseat role in Metroid games. I have faith this game will have a compelling story (it's Samus-centric, after all, and looks like it will do a lot of world-building); I don't care if it's not Pulitzer-level writing. It's not requisite of the medium, particularly in Metroid's case.

EDIT: Nevermind

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Eh, another one of those " I like Zero mission but hate Super Metroid" people.
Super Metroid is ze bestest Metroid game there is, and I played it abt 10 yrs after release, and its so awesome and i love it And you have to love it too, otherwise you suck

"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murders will foam up about their waist and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"...

....and I'll look down and whisper  "no."  

- Rorschach

Around the Network

@Samus Aran I think this depends more on people preferences than actual quality. Imo Super Metroid is the best game ever released so far. Though other metroid games along with majora's mask come close. Everything else is a far behind imo.

BringBackChrono said:
Eh, another one of those " I like Zero mission but hate Super Metroid" people.
Super Metroid is ze bestest Metroid game there is, and I played it abt 10 yrs after release, and its so awesome and i love it And you have to love it too, otherwise you suck

Preach

sc94597 said:
novasonic said:
bitch bitch bitch nintendo never tries anything new.
bitch bitch bitch why did nintendo try something new.

Actually this is how it goes.

" Nintendo never tries anything new."

*Nintendo innovates one of their larger franchises*

"Nintendo only releases the same games over a gain, it doesn't matter if they are different."

*Nintendo releases a new IP*

"I don't like that game, make something I like."

@PullusPardus Yet team ninja isn't the head of developement for this game, Nintendo is. Nintendo is doing it, just with some additional help. Anything wrong with that?

Yeah this is the whole reason I made the thread "what does Nintendo have to do to please people" and the thing is it seems groups will claim to be so hardcore and no matter what Nintendo does it won't please this group.  It's very VERY retarded...

We're all gamers here, if it's a good game get over it, just because it's Nintendo doesn't mean you have to hate it -_-

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Samus Aran said:
I'm not hating it as I can't give a fair opinion on it. If I could play it when it just came out, who knows if I would have liked it then. Guess, I'm too much of a 3d fan. I love 2d marios a lot though and ssbb as well.

It's alright, one day the Zeitgeist will move forward. Just as it has accepted people of other races, religions and sexual orientation, society will one day learn to accept the people such as you and I who just don't like Super Metroid.

Bitch & Moan it wont change it now. Team Ninja are great developers I cant wait and people always seem to forget Nintendo is developing with them so stop whining.