By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP GO is a MISTAKE! (have SONY not learnt anything)!!

I think the PSP GO! is a big mistake.

SONY don't seem to have learnt from their past experience in my opinion....

Mistakes:

#1. $250........remember E3 2006 & $599.....the price that turned this generation on its head. Well who the hell do they think is going buy a PSP GO! (which mind you I feel is a downgrade) for $250.

#2. DD Only.......right the i-phone worked due to apple's great experience with software that is DD & so on. SONY do not have such an experience & they are not as good as apple in the field. 16GB.....how many games will fit into that? 10 at maximum right? My UMD case at home can store 30 games in it!

#3. Games.........MGS:PW.....well I'm sure its going to be enjoyable, but its not really a system seller, surely people who loved MGS got a PSP for MGS:PO & MGS:Ac!d

#4. Consumer Base......SONY said they did research, but who did they ask. PSP's BIG gaming group is among the teens, the teens (14 - 18), many of them think DS is Kiddy.....how are they going justify PSP GO! when they have no credit cards (PSN cards better be coming).

On the other hand the good things SONY did:

#1. GT:Portable......that will kick start momentum.....but I would just buy a PSP 3000 & GTP on that.....why would I buy a PSP GO! for GT:P

They don't know who they are selling PSP GO! to, it will not be a success at all imo. People aren't ready for a DD only gaming system.

I see it bombing in sales.......<5 Million LTD for the console

Add in your own points or refute my points...atleast give a good explanation........I just see the PSP GO! being a waste of R & D budget! & OFCOURSE give your SALES predictions now that you see the shortcomings

EDIT: one last thing

SONY said it was for the "High end user".....jeez SONY, you tried to make PS3 for the high end user in 2007.....where did that get you.....CHANGE PLEASE!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Welcome to the new Sony - where every brilliant product is mired in design stupidity.

Very sad with the direction Sony has gone. I've always liked the fact they gave Nintendo, Sega, and Microsoft (at least during the Xbox generation) a great run for their money. But now, it seems that Sony is the new Sega of 15 years ago.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

@mrstickball

well their PS3 direction for me negates all the PSP mistakes done with GO!

Gran Turismo PSP on launch.

mrstickball said:
Welcome to the new Sony - where every brilliant product is mired in design stupidity.

Very sad with the direction Sony has gone. I've always liked the fact they gave Nintendo, Sega, and Microsoft (at least during the Xbox generation) a great run for their money. But now, it seems that Sony is the new Sega of 15 years ago.

Hey hey hey...Sega 15 years ago was...ummm 2009 - 15...1994...oh, nevermind.

Sony wishes they could be Sega 18 years ago or Sega 10 years ago...bt yeah...15 years ago sounds about right.

Around the Network

Didn't they say 100 new games at launch?

1. Yep retarded and am sure the price will be revised say a month after launch if not before.

2. Improves battery life, upper end games are 1.6 GB and cheaper to produce without a UMD drive.

3. Going to sell huge numbers in Japan and big in NA and EU. RE, GT etc are all million sellers.

4. Am sure there is a way arund that. EG go to a store and you purchase a code just like Patapon 2.

GT Portable will with ease sell 3 million though and should help kick start software sales again in EU.

Dunno about you guys, but I definitely want one. Shame there's still no second analog stick though.

you could fit plenty of games on that. some games could be as small as 50mb

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

@carl

thats the only good thing

We just need to hope GT fans refuse to do piracy.....if they do.....upto 5 Million extra PSP's NOT PSP GO!'s will be sold.

remember you can play GT PSP on the PSP 3000 which has a larger screen! (lol)