By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Your opinion: Will this be SONY's last gen?

solidahmed said:
well it will never happen but if happen then it will be the end of hard core gaming and the end of innovation.

Utter BS.

Sony will quit the market one day, just not anytime soon.

Around the Network
Phrancheyez said:
No?

We should rename this site to 'Recycler'...cuz all anyone ever does is create topics we debated 2 weeks ago, and 2 weeks before that, and 2 weeks before that, then a week before that.

Be original people..stop asking/creating the same shit over and over..I'm beginning to see why a lot of 'veteran' users don't post so much.

Agreed...

I don't know how many times i've seen this freakin topic come up. No it won't be their last. not by a LONG shot

Yes, a multi billion dollar company with two winning consoles is going to drop out of the gaming business because one of their consoles didn't sell 100 million units. Absolutely.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Undying said:
axumblade said:
Undying said:
There is a chance. I mean we never thought Sega was gonna step down, but they did.

That's actually a good point. I don't think anybody thought Sega would drop out but they had many years of difficulty before they pulled out of the console market right? I'm really just asking because I'm not 100% sure. lol. I know the dreamcast and the saturn had some difficulties if I remember correctly. Of course I was raised on Nintendo so I didn't know much about sega except that I loved my gamegear more then my gameboy. lol

Well everything between the Genesis and the Dreamcast was a flop for Sega. At one point Sega had 3 or 4 active game systems on the market. The the PS2 came along and killed off the Dreamcast, which had an awesome first 1 and a half. That was when the economy was pretty strong BTW.

If Sony does atempt the PS4 it better start making them money ASAP.

The difference between Sony and Sega is that Sega had multiple failed generations. Not one of Sega's consoles has shipped more than 30 million units, while by the end of this year, two of Sony's will have crossed 100 million, three will have crossed 50 million, and every single console will have crossed 30 million.

Let's look at Sega's last three consoles:

DreamCast: 10.6 million

Saturn: 9.5 million

CD: 6 million

And Sony's last three consoles:

PS3: 22.44 million (and selling)

PSP: 47.73 million (and selling)

PS2: 136 million [shipped] (and selling)

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

@slowmo

Yeah and M$ will go on for ever and ever

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
nen-suer said:
@slowmo

Yeah and M$ will go on for ever and ever

No but I never claimed they would did I? 

Another fanboy to add to my ignore list.

lol thats all I have to say is lol

...do I really have to explain myself

Well if the same exact thing happens next gen then...

@slowmo

Nothing lasts forever (read the title) and the answer is no

but after seying ur avatar, never mind

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

nen-suer said:
@slowmo

Nothing lasts forever (read the title) and the answer is no

but after seying ur avatar, never mind

I answered the OP, you had a dig, no point trying to sound reasonable now.