By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Your opinion: Will this be SONY's last gen?

Stats87 said:
Yup, just like how Nintendo gave up after the N64 and Gamecube got whooped

I just got done agreeing that Sony would not pull out, but this is absurd.

If you can't figure out the difference, let me explain: Nintendo made nearly 5 billion dollars in profit during those two generations. Sony has lost nearly 5 billion in the last 3 years. Does that help? Because that's a 10 billion dollar swing in Nintendo's favor.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network

No, this will not be Sony's last gen, they will try again next gen, and keep trying until they either start making money, or give it up.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Nope. PS4 will come out after we're out of the recession, and it will have the low entry price of $299 with only one SKU and it will have a good launch lineup with at least 2 AAA games!!

Well that would sure get them off to a good start.

no, they have to try, because it made them so much money in the past that they'd never pass a chance at it again.

Stats87 said:

I already agreed that Sony this won't be Sony's last, but saying this as a reason shows your lack of gaming history knowladge and your lack of paying attention of the OP said.

||Tag courtesy of fkusumot - "Heaven is like a Nintendo theme park!"||Join the Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 American League HERE!||

Around the Network

nope they will be back next gen regardless of how they do this gen.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

sony is a hugh corp with alot of capital......there is alot of reasons y they lost money last year....weakening yen to be one of the many reasons...but with all that being said they know how much can be made and they projected a loss just like 80 percent of the companies out there. but with their loss they still did better than they projected...and as far as stock on the nyse they have grown in the past few months. sony can bite a billion dollars....where the real concern should be there movie division...warner bros is kicking there ass.there usual strong point.

I'm not martin luther king. I don't have a dream. I have a plan

Sell a man a fish you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish you just ruined a perfect business opportunity.

We didn't emerge out of the stone age because we ran out of stones. Its time to be proactive not reactive.

No.

4 ≈ One

wow, apparently people aren't allowed to make jokes anymore.

How about we let our skin thicken a little?

Falcon095 said:
Stats87 said:

I already agreed that Sony this won't be Sony's last, but saying this as a reason shows your lack of gaming history knowladge and your lack of paying attention of the OP said.

yup, I read it, but I said it anyway, half-joking/half-just to see how many people it would upset

so far i'm at 2

The Xbox lost around 4 billion in 4 or so years and they didn't fold. There, does that response please you more?