By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Forget who won E3, what shocked/surprised you the most?

We all have our own opinion about who won E3. But which announcement shocked you the most?

Let's not turn this into a fanboy argument by the way about who copied who.

What part of the 3 media briefings surprised you the most and was it a good or bad surprise?

For me: Final Fantasy 14 Online.

I actually thought we were going to get a megaton, then reality kicked in when the presenter said 2010 release date. There is no way in hell that a main series FF would be able to released so early, and my thoughts were confirmed at the end of that trailer.

I'm not going to curse Sony or S-E, but FF11 is my least favourite entry of the franchise (I've only played 10 minutes of the PC version mind you), so FF14 being online does not sit well with me.

Obviously there are people who like FF11 and this will be important to them (I admit I will play it when it comes out, just to see), So it is a smart business move for Sony, but I haven't had my excitement come and go that quickly at E3 Ever.

So what was the biggest shock announcement or surprise for you?

Around the Network

Agent
Nascar being in GT5

The new metroid. The trailer was simply amazing. KH3 going to wii is going to be big among people on this site though.

Support good third party games on wii. Buy games like house of the dead overkill, de blob, madworld, the conduit and boom blox.

FFXIV was the biggest suprise.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

FF14. My jaw dropped to the floor, then when I saw online at the end I was like "ohhhhhhh" and didn't care anymore.

Around the Network

Final Fantasy 14.

It is a tie between agent and mgs on 360. Never could I forsee rockstar making an exclusive on the ps3, and kojima making a game on the 360.

FF14

then it said online BUT then I realised PS3 can sustain an MMO, PS2 never could due to hardly anyone online on it.

Yeah, FFXIV.

I was like "wut, lololol".

I thought Jack meant to say Versus XIII. Couldn't believe it for a second there.

Same as the OP.

FF14 -> Oh... Whatever then.

Didn't expect Capcom to make an exclusive Resident Evil title for the PSP though.